Monterey diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Point Lobos is a very interesting dive spot and also well equipped. I quite liked also Lovers Point - for its kelp. If you haven't seen kelp forests yet, try to linger for one dive in the depth of 2-4 m where the kelp is at its best. Deeper you would see nice things, too, but of a kind which you find everywhere. Kelp is great. I dove with "Aquarius" dive shop. They provided with gas and any equipment I needed, and with a guide, but I needed my own car to get there and back. Otherwise I had a good experience with them.

Quick question for you guys who live and/or dive Monterey frequently. How do you secure your onshore equipment when you are beach diving?

most of the sites have parking reasonably close such that you can leave most things in your car. i've seen lots of people leave scuba gear out on or next to tables on the beaches too and haven't heard of theft issues.

Lock it in your vehicle...or at least get it out of sight. Stuff has been known to wander off...but it's rare.

I'm not sure if you can see this from where you are logging on but recently there was a live event broadcast on TV about Monterey

Big Blue Live | Watch Online | PBS Video

PS Ignore the diving hosts example. We wear gloves when we dive here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom