Monterey diving on 4/5 & 4/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alibi 2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
On 4/5 we made a dive at del monte beach..great vis for that location..I could see the bottom and the ripples in the sand at 17'..

The next dive was a night dive...we by passed breakwater when a friend told us Lovers was dead flat calm..however we did cruise by breakwater and saw some friends who were just getting out after their second dive. The said the vis was unbelievable, about 25' with beautiful jellies...and the water was 54 degrees...

We continued to Lovers...the cove was so clear and flat the bottom sand was glowing..it looked like a giant saltwater pool with a light in it...we did a beautiful night dive. I saw my first umbrella crab.

We chose to spend the night in monterey and met the next morning at Monastary beach...Our first dive was off the north end...we were able to walk in to don our fins...the vis was great, about a solid 15 to 20...we dove to 120'...at that depth you could feel and see the deep water upwelling...upon exit we did the crawl..

our second dive was at about 1pm on the south end of Monastary. Here we were able to walk in and out...The vis was great and there was a lot to see, however there was a moderate surge....

All in all a beautiful weekend to dive!:D

DH ,,,great photos....David the instuctor is the guy in the old orange stab jacket...and there is on photo of the 2 of us together (I would love that DH) as you can see we have been diving a long time ('73) and we are slow to change...how ever we are growing ...I just got a pair of the Omega Flip fins (Amphian ) and I will be using them soon and making a write up on my finding on the rugged central calif ...waters.

Wow, awesome! Sunday I dove Pt Lobos and had a wonderful time. It was like a lake in the cove!

Yeah right,

I don't believe it, Lake in the cove at Lobos? Last two dives at Lobos has been 2 feet visibility and a lot of machine washing on my head...

I'm just Jealous, glad you had a blast Doc, I hope to get a day at lobos that will open to at least 25 feet vis...

MG

Yeah right,

I don't believe it, Lake in the cove at Lobos? Last two dives at Lobos has been 2 feet visibility and a lot of machine washing on my head...

I'm just Jealous, glad you had a blast Doc, I hope to get a day at lobos that will open to at least 25 feet vis...

MG

I do find that good viz in the cove is not as common as when you swim out past the mouth of Whaler's Cove. When the viz is good in the cove, I'll just dive that as Middle Reef is very pretty, then there are the caves on the other side by the "Pit".

To get the good viz days, you have to go dive the bad days too. :D

Back
Top Bottom