Monterey Diving 7/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. Breakwater Cove, San Carlos Beach, Coast Guard Pier. All the same place. And they call Carmel River State Beach "Monastery Beach" as well. All very confusing to those not in the know.

Larry C:
Those are awesome Jim! The only time I've seen an Octopus in Monterey was in the barge or on the shale, and the only squid I've seen was a dead one. Where'd you find those guys?
larry , i found these guys at breakwater, i dont know if it is thier breeding season or what , but about 20-25 yards out away from the wall in the sand at 25-30 feet deep they on this night dive last saturday night were EVERYWERE, i mean there was one every 10-15 feet that i moved, i have only seen this happen there three times and never this many, it was really cool, and thank you for the complements on the pictures!!

pterantula:
Those are awesome... now, help an ignoramus out if you can here, but is Breakwater the same as San Carlos Beach? I keep thinking I've been to SC Beach but never Breakwater... is that right or am I off-base?
Thanx! Would love to meet an octopus face-to-face... (0-for-3 on Molokini...) :(
thank you for the complements!!! and yes breakwater is the same as san carlos beach, though i have heared some people say that the coastguard jetty and to the other side (back side) of glens were all of the boats are is breakwater, and the part of the beach were the grey brick building is san carlos beach!! most everyone reafers to breakwater and san carlos as the same one and only. thats my understanding!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom