Monterey Diving 7/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

40.gif

Since I am STRICTLY a warm water diver I have extra appreciation of your pics and where you are taking them.

I especially like the one with the Cod and the Starfish.

Gilligan, I love your little guys! Do you make them or go out and pick them up on the internet?

I have to admit, yesterday at Point Lobos, I was pretty hypothermic. I was cold when I got in the water for the second dive, and at 50 degrees and 50 feet depth, I was shaking by the time 47 minutes rolled around. I blew through my air pretty well. Usually I do OK, but I may end up in a drysuit with 4mm thinsulate and merino wool underneath like my wife. She used to start shivering about 12 minutes in. Now she gives me hard looks when I want to start back! The cold (and watching out for two new buddies) did affect my shooting. I didn't get near as many good pics yesterday, and there was a lot of stuff out.

Tortuga Roja:
Posts like yours sure make me want to dive CA again now that I am using a camera. Of course like Gilligan, I'm kind of a sissy about those water temps. :D

Just don't think about it too much, really; it's like regional air - you begin to acclimatize after several dives. I'm actually much colder while fully dry, planning my entry, as the wind blows off the waves; the water, by comparison, was much less annoying. :D

Jim those are nice octopus photos - can you make 'em a little bigger?

++Ken++

PS my mother's maiden name was Ernst, I still have Ernst cousins in Santa Barbara and Oregon.

parabolic:
Jim those are nice octopus photos - can you make 'em a little bigger?

++Ken++

PS my mother's maiden name was Ernst, I still have Ernst cousins in Santa Barbara and Oregon.
hi ken, i just tried to make them bigger, i either dont know how/what i am doing, that is likley, as the upload process wont let me go any larger, i will have to get with some one on the board here to help me learn how!! thanks for the complements on the pics though, i also have reletives in oregon and washington, ernst and clark all of them are up there!!

Those are awesome Jim! The only time I've seen an Octopus in Monterey was in the barge or on the shale, and the only squid I've seen was a dead one. Where'd you find those guys?

jim ernst:
these are a couple of shots from the night dive this last weekend at the breakwater in monterey, didnt turn out as well as i expected but here they are!!!View attachment 35215

View attachment 35216

Those are awesome... now, help an ignoramus out if you can here, but is Breakwater the same as San Carlos Beach? I keep thinking I've been to SC Beach but never Breakwater... is that right or am I off-base?
Thanx! Would love to meet an octopus face-to-face... (0-for-3 on Molokini...) :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom