Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyhenuse.jpg

9u2yganu.jpg

6e7yjysy.jpg

8upejyne.jpg

yva5yvu4.jpg

Jellies were certainly out in abundance at Breakwall on the first. Great conditions for the 31st and 1st

Did two at Breakwater today. My goal was to photograph and video some Octopus. I have never seen so many before in my life. I lost track after a dozen. Second dive I only saw 11. 30 ft vis at least.
Here's a link. Octopus | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Very cool, my dive partner and I were on the lookout for octopi yesterday and saw some, but not nearly as many. :) Thought I was getting everything on film, only to realize I accidently turned off my camera during some adjusting in the beginning of the dive. :( Neat video, such ravenous octopi haha.

Yes there are certainly a lot of octopi out lately. Here's my NYE contribution.[video=youtube;DUlT2tAifKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUlT2tAifKo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Holy crap Sunday at breakwater was AWESOME! Not a cloud in the sky, but the water was blue and mostly clear. The pipe side to the metridiums was anywhere from 30 to 50ft. Closer to shore it was crystal clear. The large pipe was visible from the surface to the very end of it. At the metridiums, you could see all the metridium clusters within 40ft. The wall was close to being just as good, several spots were so clear. We did a long surface swim to the end of the concrete wall and then dropped and swam to under the sea lion raft at the end of the wall. Viz dropped a bit, but it was still good for some video of the sea lions surrounding us.

These were all taken at the wall.

_WUF9590.jpg_WUF9599.jpg_WUF9625.jpg_WUF9638.jpg_WUF9610.jpg

Last edited:
So one of the boat operators has supposedly said a 12ft great while has been spotted near the metridiums this week. Anyone heard anything about this?

A friend of mine..."in the know"...told me a great white had been seen there a month or so ago and there was some consternation/debate about whether to make this public knowledge.

I wonder if you're hearing about another siting or repetition of the original one? (There may have been multiple sightings...I'm repeating something third hand here.)

I had this in mind during our New Year's Eve dive and had a big shot of adrenaline when something splashed next to me as we were kicking out on the surface. :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom