Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mubin and I dove North Monastery today and it was amazing 30-40ft vis and very calm. max depth 105. It was nice to see the sun and breath smoke free air for a time. (from our tanks not ambient air) Second dive was Breakwater. 30ft vis and epic. Tons of fish, a few seal encounters, Cormorants and saw several Medusa Jellies which I have never seen underwater before.

Promising for Tuesday then; was dreading it a bit.

Thanks . . .

I'm going again Friday. Let me know if you want to join BB.
That's a real possibility . . .

Attachments

• Dive 690-691 045.jpg
    Dive 690-691 045.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 73
Mubin and I dove North Monastery today and it was amazing 30-40ft vis and very calm. max depth 105. It was nice to see the sun and breath smoke free air for a time. (from our tanks not ambient air) Second dive was Breakwater. 30ft vis and epic. Tons of fish, a few seal encounters, Cormorants and saw several Medusa Jellies which I have never seen underwater before.
Boy, that does sound like a great dive. I'm jelly about the jellyfish! I would like to get down but am planning to wait until the air quality improves into the "moderate" range, which it hasn't been since Friday the 10th.

Two dives today with BB. Very relaxing. First dive was at North Monastery. Pretty calm but enough wave action to let you walk out easy. Vis was 20 +/-. Dove around the point to just before the sand channel and back. Sun was shining through the kelp. Tons of shrimp in the water. Second dive was Breakwater wall and mid-reef. 10ft +/- vis but a fun dive. Sea Nettles are still in force.

Two dives today with BB. Very relaxing. First dive was at North Monastery. Pretty calm but enough wave action to let you walk out easy. Vis was 20 +/-. Dove around the point to just before the sand channel and back. Sun was shining through the kelp. Tons of shrimp in the water. Second dive was Breakwater wall and mid-reef. 10ft +/- vis but a fun dive. Sea Nettles are still in force.

Here is an brief excerpt from Friday's two dives . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom