Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not much has changed over the course of a week. Originally planned for McAbee, but ended up at Breakwater since it was slightly calmer over there. Diving by the wall was rough. Vis was 5 feet at best. Photo by my buddy, Derek, just to give you a little idea of what vis was like.

Attachments

• IMG_5621.jpg
    IMG_5621.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 90
Not much has changed over the course of a week. Originally planned for McAbee, but ended up at Breakwater since it was slightly calmer over there. Diving by the wall was rough. Vis was 5 feet at best. Photo by my buddy, Derek, just to give you a little idea of what vis was like.

Hey! Hi! It's Rebecca. It's nice to see you diving. I'll send you an email. It would be fun to go diving with you soon.

Happy New Year!

Hey! Hi! It's Rebecca. It's nice to see you diving. I'll send you an email. It would be fun to go diving with you soon.

Happy New Year!

Hey Rebecca! Great to hear from you :) Happy New Year to you, as well. Let's go diving soon!

Pt. Lobos 1-4-19. Beautiful dive and sunny day. We had 30-50 foot vis. It was sometimes murky, but still great! Tide was in when we arrived at 8:30 AM and it was cold and overcast, but the sun soon came out and it warmed up quickly. It was a little rough here and there with a surge and current to deal with but OK at depth. We dove east of middle reef. We saw lots of fish and critters including a harbor seal who was curious about my fins and nibbled on one. We reached a max depth of 49 feet for 48 minutes. Water temp. 49-51 degrees. Video coming.

Pt. Lobos 1-4-19. Beautiful dive and sunny day. We had 30-50 foot vis. It was sometimes murky, but still great! Tide was in when we arrived at 8:30 AM and it was cold and overcast, but the sun soon came out and it warmed up quickly. It was a little rough here and there with a surge and current to deal with but OK at depth. We dove east of middle reef. We saw lots of fish and critters including a harbor seal who was curious about my fins and nibbled on one. We reached a max depth of 49 feet for 48 minutes. Water temp. 49-51 degrees. Video coming.

Nice to see the vis is picking up around there! Looking forward to seeing your video :)

Thanks! I would of had even more of the harbor seal if my video camera had not shut off. Check out my YouTube channel timothytech1.

Thanks! I would of had even more of the harbor seal if my video camera had not shut off. Check out my YouTube channel timothytech1.

I did! You have a fantastic feed. Bummer about the camera shutting off. You have a great eye for color and all the wandering marine life. You caught some awesome fish on camera -- especially the copper rock fish in

Thanks again! I have two UW cameras and this one has a build in stabilizer but times out and shuts off after 5 min. The other one stays on but no stabilizer. By the way, they are inexpensive Chinese knock offs of GoPros.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom