Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe, my first thought was salps in a colonial stage, but...

[video=youtube_share;P0jZ9T_KJg4]http://youtu.be/P0jZ9T_KJg4[/video]

---------- Post added January 10th, 2015 at 11:21 PM ----------

Home and gear rinsed after a fun night dive at the Breakwater with RaftingTigger.

We got in the water just after it got dark. The vis is hard to judge in the dark, but it was better than 20 feet, limited mostly by the backscatter from my video lights. Water temperature was 56F, max depth 42 feet, dive time 77 minutes. Calm seas, easy entry and exit.

We had a harbor seal join us early in the dive, chasing fish in our lights. When ever we stopped and shined our lights on something for any length of time the seal would come over and check it out. There were lots of crabs, including dungeness, and small fish the seal didn't seem interested in. RaftingTigger spotted a couple of octopus, I found one and filmed it extending its arms repeatedly until the seal came over and grabbed it, d'oh!

Fantastic day today. Launched my kayak from the Breakwater boat ramp and paddled out to MacAbee. Dropped in 40' of water and could see the bottom clearly from the surface. Lots of fish out today, along with other photogenic species. Surface was very calm, and below very clear (50+) with some large particulates. Surge was mild.

P1115890 (2).jpgkayak.jpg

Also, someone stole my homemade kayak wheels from the Breakwall boat ramp while I was out yesterday. :depressed::shakehead: Beware.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom