Monterey conditions and photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h3o

Reaction score
Monterey was rockin this weekend... I hope the conditions stay the same for next weekend. The water wasn't too bad at all, in the 60's, the warmest I've ever felt Norcal waters (diving or surfing). We did 2 dives, one at the breakwater and the other at Lover's Point cove.

Lover's Point was awesome, the viz was 20' to 30', the water was lake calm, and the topside temperature was in the 70's, beautiful sunny and clear weather. This was my first time diving there and I was amazed at all the plant life down there. Beautiful kelp forests and the bottom was carpeted with colorful plants and starfish.

Breakwater wasn't too bad, 15' at best, but I would definitely skip it next time to dive another spot or another dive at Lover's Point. It was however REALLY calm, virtually no surf or surge.

Attached are some photos of the dive at Lover's Point.

kelp forest

very nice..i dove Mcabee yesterday(2 dives) and monastery last weekend(2 dives as well)...conditions were excellent as you said...looking forward to next weekend already!!

I did my first kayak dive this weekend off San Carlos Beach. The conditions were better than Ive seen for a while. Had a great time. Nice Photo's!!

photos. I take photos underwater, but I am not getting it done like you are.

Thanks for sharing. I may show some people your pics to help describe the kelp.

Wristshot

I dove Mcabee on Saturday, Point Lobos and Carmel on Sunday. Point Lobos was great!
I love your pictures of lovers point--that will definitely be my next dive!!! I am a new diver (cert 8/10/03) and loving it!!!

I've heard point lobos is only limited to like 12 divers a day or something like that... is that true? I've love to make it out there sometime. I still haven't had the sea lion and seal encounters...

Wristshot once bubbled...
photos. I take photos underwater, but I am not getting it done like you are.

What kind of camera do you have? I am using an Olympus C-730 digital in Ikelite housing without any strobes.

I don't know about a limit at Point Lobos, but we went with the Monterey Express. Also, the Beachhopper III goes out on some weekdays. There was an Otter that swam with us there.
We also had a Harbor Seal swimming with us at Mcabee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom