Monterey/Carmel wetsuit, boots and gloves advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Next time try pouring warm water into the suit before you dive, it can make quite a difference, esp. your boots and mitts.

I've been in Monterey bay, and had the exact same problem, I had the same set up, I went with thicker booties and thicker gloves, that cleared up the problem.

I'm approaching 100 dives, and my buddies and I have always used wetsuits, and I dive California. Sure, I'd love to have a drysuit, and I used to hate cold water (well, I hate being cold, at least), but I've learned that wetsuit diving in California is something not everyone can handle. That's why I love it. If your wetsuit fits snug, it's never as cold as everyone makes it out to be. It's adventurous. I have so many friends that won't even dive California because it's too "coooold". Bring it on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom