Monterey CA scuba fatality (12/09)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gombessa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
http://www.****.info/news/safety/s071212.html

"MONTEREY, California (12 Dec 2007) — A man who was taken to hospital after a scuba diving accident near Monterey has died.
Kirk Fore, 39, from Stillwater, Oklahoma, was night diving on Sunday when he encountered problems.
At about 9:15pm, Fore was taken to local hospital where he died on Tuesday.
An autopsy has been scheduled to determine the cause of death."

Sounds like this happened on the Dec. 10. Anyone know details?

what's the **** supposed to be in the link? I haven't seen anything about this.

Hmm, must have been filtered out. It was on c.d.n.n., but the quote in the first post is the whole text of the story. I guess this must be that site that's on SB's no-no list.

Yeah, I figured it out. That is a site they filter. I'm still researching for more info on this. I'm actually from Oklahoma.

There is a little exert in the Californian with no other information. It just say autopsy is pending.
I think I know someone he went to high school with. My condolences goes out to his family and friends.

Not saying that it didn't happen, but I live in Monterey and I haven't heard anything about it - and I check the local paper every day. It would be very odd that something like this didn't appear in the Monterey Herald.

Not saying that it didn't happen, but I live in Monterey and I haven't heard anything about it - and I check the local paper every day. It would be very odd that something like this didn't appear in the Monterey Herald.

I'm starting to question this myself now. I have looked on the local channel websites, the herald, sfgate, Salinas news, Oklahoma and California obituaries and I'm coming up with nothing so far.

I know this person and it did happen. But the cause of death has not yet been determined. They don't know if it was just a coincidence that it happened while diving.

I know this person and it did happen. But the cause of death has not yet been determined. They don't know if it was just a coincidence that it happened while diving.

Thank you for posting this information!

We are very sorry for your losses and if possible we all would appreciate any information you may be able to give us.

Back
Top Bottom