Money

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthernMelody

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Codman had a bunch of questions which made me think...(scary thing..I know)...If I get wage...eventually...or tips... how can I send that money back to Canada? I was told that I can't get a bank account. If that's the case, how can I send money home to cover bills back home? Any ideas?:huh:

Melody-

I have a US dollars account in Utila. Now I own property there, but I seem to recall a discussion that just about anyone can get a dollars account if they make a sizeable deposit and leave the right amount of funds in the account. I seem to recall that the number was $1000.:confused:

itsjustme0770:
Melody-

I have a US dollars account in Utila. Now I own property there, but I seem to recall a discussion that just about anyone can get a dollars account if they make a sizeable deposit and leave the right amount of funds in the account. I seem to recall that the number was $1000.:confused:

I think it depends on your bank in Honduras. I don't own property, live on the mainland and opened a US dollar account with $300. Of course, I already had a lempira ccount at the same bank so that's why they probably allowed me to open with only $300.

Hi,

From my undersatnding, and colleagues, you had to be either a resident, or have a resident on joint account, to open with BGA.

Regards,
Andy

HowieDean:
First I will be suprised if you make enough money to send any home

I was waiting for that.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

lol..well I hope I can send a wee bit home... :p

Good to know about the western Union option though...thanks muchly...I've been away diving in Ohio (gilboa Quarry) a diver's playground!

There's actually a few Instructors (OK small percentage) who've manged to buy land and actually save from their earnings on Utila, of course there's others who've had to have money sent down as well.

Regards,
Andy

Hi

Yes a few instructors do very well and have made Utila their home, as in everything I think it depends on attitude.

One good example is Andy above, he is on vacation at the moment but still has time to come on to Scubaboard to see if he can help anyone.

Andy give MC a hug from us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom