Money in Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I generally can get a better deal in Cozumel if I pay cash and not with a credit card. I don't want to carry a bunch of cash or traveler's checks around-they get wet.

Are there any cash machines?? and if so are the rates and fees just insane??

What's the best way to bring money? Gold is out-too heavy.

Thanks
Mike

I would suspect if there were cash machines they would give out peso's and you would get dinged on the exchange rate.
joens

Most of the ATM's at the banks give the option of peso's or dollars. Almost everywhere will take dollars although the exchange won't be so good. If you want to exchange cash, the bank is definitely the best place to go. Bring cash and you don't have to mess with all this, although I understand not wanting to carry a lot of of cash.
Have fun,
Shane

If you're staying near the Plaza Las Glorias, there is a supermarket across the street (can't remember the name) that has an ATM. It dispenses pesos only from what I remember. With ATM's, you get the bank exchange rate which is probably better than what you'll get anywhere else. At least it has been everywhere I've gone in europe.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom