Monday Photo ~ Octopus/Squid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One little, two little, three little octopi... Okay, so only two. And they weren't that little... :D

07-IMG_0056.jpg

10-IMG_0082.jpg

crazed_dolphin once bubbled...
Yeah, mine or should I say my wife's is a Sea & Sea MX-5....nothing like what he uses.

And my Olympus c4000 is a world away from his c4040....

Dave

Shanghai Manta once bubbled...
Cool pics Dee !

For the close-up of the squid : at what distance was that taken adn were you in macro mode ?

Thanks
Kevin

That squid photo was taken in macro mode and I was 4 ft. away. I think my zoom was set to 80mm. I messed up the EXIF details when I saved them to my computer. :( I know I used the zoom, that's how I cut off a bit front and back.

I took it in Panama City on the Accokeec wreck. A really nice dive. I used an Olympus C-4000 and a PT-010 housing. Automatic internal flash.

And Ruu, Dee's a she. Da Beast can verify.

DennisW once bubbled...
I took it in Panama City on the Accokeec wreck. A really nice dive. I used an Olympus C-4000 and a PT-010 housing. Automatic internal flash.

And Ruu, Dee's a she. Da Beast can verify.

Holy moly - all this time. I know that she and Beast are together from reading posts here, and I know that Beast is a somewhat odd nickname for a lady. Apparently what's left of my tiny mind did not put 2 and 2 together. Dee - I'm sorry:wacko:

Dave

Beach Bum k10 once bubbled...
Dee,
Excellent pics. Could you pls. tell me how do you get close to the object on the second pic? Thanks.

Beach Bum.....the zoom lens on my digital camera is a big help with getting close! But that only works just so far. I've found that most fish and creatures are very curious if you'll just get still, breath lightly and not go loudly, thrashing all over the place. In my Roatan 03 album there are shots of Yellowhead Jawfish. I was withing about 6 inches of them. But I laid in the sand flats for over 30 minutes letting them get used to me and get curious.

It worked! Try it....

abo.sized.jpg

Oh yea....I AM a she, just ask Dennis! :wink:

Doug's a whole lot bigger than I am. Besides, we're just buddies, right? :innocent:

DennisW once bubbled...
Doug's a whole lot bigger than I am. Besides, we're just buddies, right? :innocent:

:rofL: Don't worry about Beast, he's an old softie. But I guess I should pay better attention, huh? Yep...we be buddies!

Thanks for the tip. You are an inspiration. Keep those great pics coming. Your pics are motivation to come back to SB.

Dee once bubbled...

Beach Bum.....the zoom lens on my digital camera is a big help with getting close! But that only works just so far. I've found that most fish and creatures are very curious if you'll just get still, breath lightly and not go loudly, thrashing all over the place. In my Roatan 03 album there are shots of Yellowhead Jawfish. I was withing about 6 inches of them. But I laid in the sand flats for over 30 minutes letting them get used to me and get curious.

It worked! Try it....

Oh yea....I AM a she, just ask Dennis! :wink:
:)

Back
Top Bottom