Monday Photo ~ Octopus/Squid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squid.jpg

I have to admit to shedding a few Olive tears myself. You other photos are great....keep it up!

Shanghai Manta....
Send me your photo and I'll resize it for you. I sent you my email via PM.

You control the background color and depth with your shutter speed. A fast shutter speed will allow the light to hit the main subject yet it closes before the background is lit. That's it in simplicity....make sense?

David, dee, those are wonderful! I am a photographer out of water, a hobbiest in it. You two should be dueling over the cover of some of our publications every month!

Too Cool!

Well it's Tuesday but I didn't check the board Monday, so here's my belated contribution...

octopus.jpg

octo3.jpg

octo2.jpg

AD

REALLY lovely pics everyone!

I just adore octopuses! I haven't had any "ink" on my body as yet, but I am working on a tatoo design of - you guessed it - a BIG octopus. :)

I really loved seeing all the octopus pics from the different species everywhere. It's amazing how similar and how different they are to the species we have here in the Pacific Northwest (we have two - the Giant Pacific (E. doflieni) and the much smaller Red (O. rubescens).

It was GREAT seeing all these pics.

AggieDiver: really nice work. For an aggie :wink:

(I'm a Red Raider and my wife is a Longhorn :D )

Manta, that's a VERY cool critter. I've never seen one of those before. Send Dee a copy so we can have a little better look! :)

-d

David....I have an octo tattoo I bet you'd like. I had been hunting one when I got a volunteer T-shirt that had a large one on it. Bingo...that was it, I knew it immediately.

I'll get Beast to take a picture of it to send you...the T-shirt or the Tattoo either one!

BTW folks...it's in a 'decent' spot!

Hi I do the bronze octopus, and squid in the Marine Art gallery section of this site. I realy like your octopus , and squid pics! Also you may see pics of my Giant Pacific Octopus,and Giant Squid at:

http://www.kirkmcguire.com

Thanks for all your Octopus pics you've sent me!!!

Kirk McGuire Sculpture

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom