Monday Photo ~ Octopus/Squid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I sure seem to have alot of favorite critters...these are just a couple more!

This octo was taken with my old MX-10 on a night dive several years ago in Coz.
aac.jpg

These squid photos were taken in 10-12 ft. of water, in ambient light, no strobe or internal flash, with a C-4040/PT-10
aab.sized.jpg

aaz.sized.jpg

Dems some nice looking pictures. Unfortunately I have only ever seen a single squid, and octopi (octopus?) seem to hide from me if I dive anwhere that they might be.

Dave

Cool pics Dee !

For the close-up of the squid : at what distance was that taken adn were you in macro mode ?

Thanks
Kevin

Octopi... one of my favorite subjects. Here's a shot of one from this weekend. It was a small one wedged in a crevice so it stayed still and I got some good close-up video footage.

Dr. Bill

Here's another of an octopus close-up that started building a rock (pebble) wall between it and me...

Dr. Bill

crazed_dolphin once bubbled...
Wow....my photos look nothing like those....

Dee takes better pictures than me because she has a better camera. That's it. Yes.

Dave:)

Dee,
Excellent pics. Could you pls. tell me how do you get close to the object on the second pic? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom