Monday Photo ~ Nudibranchs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh but they're so CUTE. I actually never heard of these creatures till I started visiting this site and now they're one of my favorite sealife critters even though I havn't seen one in person, if I had I wouldn't have known what it was but now I do and I love em! Blast those garden slugs mine eat my plants! I'm sure these cute little things wouldn't eat my plants.

Yeah... Nudibranchs are colourful and cute. They're special kind of species which doesn't differentiate male or female until they mate. Good choice for loving such creature... :)

Oops- ended up posting this as a new thread instead of a reply so here it is where it's supposed to be!

Bill....I deleted it for ya!

Spencer-

Not sure what you meant about a nudibranch deciding whether it was male or female until it mates. The ones I'm familiar with are both male and female (hermaphroditic) and are able to inseminate one another during mating... not exactly what Wrigley meant by "double your pleasure, double your fun."

Dr. Bill

Dee,

What kind of nudibranchs are those in the pictures, the purple ones with the yellow rhinophores (I think they're rhinophores)?

Thank you!
Lisa

Now I see that wasn't your photo.

I'll keep looking. They're so pretty I gotta know what they are and where I might find them.

:D
Lisa

lisacats asked...
What kind of nudibranchs are those in the pictures, the purple ones with the yellow rhinophores (I think they're rhinophores)?

I think they are Hyselodoris bullocki (formerly known as Chromodoris bullockii). They're pretty common in SE Asia.

More info here: Hypselodoris bullocki

Hope that helps,

Zept

Lisa, you'll have to depend on the folks in the Pacific area to ID those Nudis. We have a few in our area, the Caribbean, but nothihng like those found elsewhere.

It seems I'm late for everything . . . .

From Tulamben, Bali. Taken with Olympus 5050, PT-015 housing, internal flash only, f8, 1/100s, ISO 64.

545p4180032tiff.jpg

drbill once bubbled...
Spencer-

Not sure what you meant about a nudibranch deciding whether it was male or female until it mates. The ones I'm familiar with are both male and female (hermaphroditic) and are able to inseminate one another during mating... not exactly what Wrigley meant by "double your pleasure, double your fun."

Dr. Bill

kekeke.. yoz Dr. Bill... sorry, think something wrong with my sentences...:D thanks for clarified...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom