Monastery Beach: enter with fins on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen people get pushed back towards the beach and get rolled around in the shallows if they can't get their fins on fast enough. A few Monastery dives ago one of my buddies decided to swim out a bit with his fins on his hands to get further past the surf zone before donning his fins. It worked pretty well so I tried it. Worked for me too.

Once you are in water too deep to stand up in, you basically swim out on your back using your fins in your hands as propulsion. (Arms out to your sides, push fins towards your legs.) A few strokes are all that are needed. Just have a good grip on your fins!

Swimming a bit with one fin on works too.

I've seen people get pushed back towards the beach and get rolled around in the shallows if they can't get their fins on fast enough. A few Monastery dives ago one of my buddies decided to swim out a bit with his fins on his hands to get further past the surf zone before donning his fins. It worked pretty well so I tried it. Worked for me too.

Once you are in water too deep to stand up in, you basically swim out on your back using your fins in your hands as propulsion. (Arms out to your sides, push fins towards your legs.) A few strokes are all that are needed. Just have a good grip on your fins!

Swimming a bit with one fin on works too.
A worthy exception to the no hands scuba rule.

Back
Top Bottom