Mon 12th I wanna get wet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son and I would love to head out with you sometime, Echoo. We're both dying to start hunting. Hoping to find some crabs this week someplace!

Have you thought about attending the crabbing seminar Chad Carney is doing this week/Tuesday or do you already know how to crab?

btw, feel free to start a thread and introduce yourself. Let's us get to know you a bit better and you us. :)

Sorry, i don't know how i missed your post but i went out monday and dove veterans reef and ledges. you could have come with us. i need to pay more attention to scuba board. me and my buddy had a pretty good day of shooting. mine was a little better than his...

IMG_47502.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

i need to pay more attention to scuba board. me and my buddy had a pretty good day of shooting. mine was a little better than his...

Yes, yes you do. :D Oh and yours was tastier (since Ann and I cooked it :tongue:).

Echoo, Were crabbing Thursday at the rocks. You keen? I won't be around any tomorrow. Shoot AquaPixie, I dive, or Scott 5644 a pm to find out meet time.

Echoo, Were crabbing Thursday at the rocks. You keen? I won't be around any tomorrow. Shoot AquaPixie, I dive, or Scott 5644 a pm to find out meet time.

I will be working, or I would take you up on it. I work 1/2 a day on weds and from sun up till sun down on Thursday and Fri. I reserve Mondays for diving Usally free on Tuesdays also. I could go out on sat but, as I have said before I like the weekdays as there is less people. Sundays are usally spent on the water too but that is family day, mostly just island hopping.

Sorry, i don't know how i missed your post but i went out monday and dove veterans reef and ledges. you could have come with us. i need to pay more attention to scuba board. me and my buddy had a pretty good day of shooting. mine was a little better than his...

IMG_47502.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

Very nice indeed. Your day was better than mine also. I was alone so I stayed close to shore but did better than I have in the past in less than 30' of water. In fact, I think I know that tree line behind you and was not too far from there if I am right, is that where you got that?

I Had some issues the past few weeks that prevented me from getting out but I am back on track now I will PM you my # so you can call me when ever you are going out. I would love to tag along. Your boat or mine makes no difference to me although I don't have allot of good numbers yet, do have a few tho.

no. we had been out at vetrans reef that day. i shot him on the buoy end of the pyramids. seas were 2ft offshore so we waited until we got in the intercostal to take our stringer photos. that is the back side of caladesi isl in the background.

no. we had been out at vetrans reef that day. i shot him on the buoy end of the pyramids. seas were 2ft offshore so we waited until we got in the intercostal to take our stringer photos. that is the back side of caladesi isl in the background.

Ya tell me about those seas.... reports said it was going to be calm in the morning with a light chop in the afternoon..... that was alot of bull

I agree, 2nd one got thumped :arrow:

Ya that was a last second decision/shot. I was about 10' above the bottom going back to the boat,( I was pretty far away as I was so shallow.) I was just kinda scooping out the area as I never dove this spot. I had the first one already and that was all I was planing on taking, as I don't eat the grouper my wife does. Anyway I was looking for another hog, I had seen about a 20" one and was hunting for him. I was about back to the boat and that 2nd gag thought it would be a good idea to come out of his hole and stare me down.... he was about 20' away and below me when I took the shot, Dropped my line and took the free shaft shot and that was the result.

Gutted and filleted is better than a near miss tho.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom