Mold in/on equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thomasj1107

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought all of our gear was dry when we put it away but after traveling in a box down to Florida there was some moldy looking funk on parts of the braided hoses of the regs and some other parts of the bcd. My wife washed it all off the best she could in the tub with water and dawn…is there any risk that something will be inside the hoses/Regs?

What are we supposed to do to the regs/hoses after a dive to avoid this?

Hang it all up with a desktop fan pointing at it. This is the best way I've found to dry any gear. Run the fan for 24-48 hours and most things will be bone dry.

As far as inside the hoses and whatnot, do you have to do anything? Like it should theoretically just be air in there right?

As far as inside the hoses and whatnot, do you have to do anything? Like it should theoretically just be air in there right?
Hook it up to a tank and blow it out. If you don't have a tank at home do this right before you remove the reg set. Blow out each 2nd stage and your BC inflator.

The inside of the hoses are not likely to have any water in them unless you soak them improperly. The insides of the 2nd stages will be wet, and that is why you need to hang them up with moving air to dry things out well.

Back
Top Bottom