Mola Mola in Bali where to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

image.jpeg

Raja Ampat wobbegong shark

image.jpeg

Yep. The Australian wobbegongs have dark spots & fewer tassels around their mouths. Above is a better picture of an Australian wobbegong shark for those who haven't seen one.

We also get the very hassled/raggy one here Dan. Haven't seen any this year though with the relatively warm waters we've had...

Sorry Clernix, a little off topic, but sharks started popping up in the thread. Gecko you mention "relatively warm waters". Last year I understand it was unusually cold waters with record sitings of molas in and around Toyapakeh and Crystal Bay and hammerheads in the Banda Sea.

Gecko, I know you're not located in the Banda Sea, but someone else may have an opinion. I'm thinking of joining a trip through the Banda Sea (in hopes of seeing the schooling hammerheads so many saw last year) but am worried that the waters will be too warm for hammerheads this year. I've heard Komodo has been unusually warm this year as well, which leads me to believe the Banda Sea will be too. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom