Moderation: Too much or too little?

What is your GENERAL feeling about SB moderation?

• I'd like to see more moderation

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I'd like to see less moderation

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I think the current level of moderation is fine.

Votes: 74 66.1%
  • I have another opinion - state below

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Must have been something in popcorn (both sizes gone) that violates TOS for all these years, but some mod just noticed the violation!?

At least we can still :gas:
:catfight:
:chairfight:
:nuke:
:biggun:
:stirpot:

:deadhorse:

flame.gif

I guess none of that violates TOS.

To avoid offending ever anyone in this OC world of ours, it is probably safest for us to just shoot ourselves in the heads now

.....it is probably safest for us to just shoot ourselves in the heads now

I have two guns, one full and one empty. You may all line up in front of me now :D.......and no this is not a threat to anybody. It really is sad that I feel I need to state this but it was a simple joke (funny or not).

:shocked:

A joke? Oh no, aren't those also a violation of some sort?

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

And in case anyone misses it, both my posts were :gas:

And in case anyone misses it, both my posts were
:gas:

An admission to adding fuel to the fire to watch it burn.......OFF WITH THY HEAD.....either that or go back to your bridge you troll where your offensive smilies cannot hurt us anymore.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

An admission to adding fuel to the fire to watch it burn.......OFF WITH THY HEAD.....either that or go back to your bridge you troll where your offensive smilies cannot hurt us anymore.

Oops....another joke. Dangit

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I have found rare and raw footage of our leaders fearlessly and scientifically confirming that Popcorn is in fact scary before removing the smilie......

cat-afraid-popcorn.gif

Some of the other testing was less conclusive.....

CAUGHTPointerBayJakePopcornBagOnHead.jpg

Don't jinx it, I know of a forum where sarcasm is officially against the guidelines/TOS. :confused4:
Very few forums allow it. We aim to be different.

As a reminder, using a popcorn smiley is NOT against the ToS. It's just not in our collection of smilies anymore. We might be deleting and/or adding others as we see fit. Somehow, I don't think the Scuba World will end by their inclusion or exclusion. After all, if we were all about censorship, we would have trimmed a lot in this thread already. The goal is a friendlier ScubaBoard. That may not fit your goal, or you may not understand why we think this will help us get there. That's OK, and in reality, I appreciate all feedback be it positive or negative. No, I can't act on all the suggestions and criticisms, but we do weigh them as a team and then we make our best decision for the community. We're not always right, but our growth would suggest that we are right more often than all the other Scuba forums. At least for now.

I see someone's decided to give us a snarky replacement for the popcorn smiley.

It's a perfect example of what I was referring to about certain mods ... or in this case probably not a mod, but a senior advisor ... wanting to push their authority into the faces of the members here. They couldn't just leave it alone ... they had to make a statement.

That is truly uncalled for, and whoever did that should have left it alone ... it just eggs people on.

Poor judgement, to my concern ... and for no reason other than because they can ... :shakehead:

Perhaps a rational explanation for why you found the popcorn smiley objectionable would've been more constructive ... but that would've required you treating the membership of ScubaBoard like adults ... and acting like one ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

To the staff member who's playing games with us ... please see the above bolded statement.

All you've done, by adding and then removing your snarky smiley, is slap the readership of this board upside the head and make a statement that we're not worth taking seriously.

Please treat us with a bit of respect. Is that asking too much? The "games" aren't funny ... and are a bad reflection on the staff as a whole.

From my perspective, it looks like a big middle finger in my face ... which is completely uncalled for.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

The goal is a friendlier ScubaBoard.

... it's not looking very friendly to me at the moment, Pete ... I didn't have a problem with this until one of your staff decided to create one.

Now I do ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I find :gans: to be really offensive. But I never whined about it. The :popcorn: smiley always made me giggle. There's such a thing as being too p.c.

Back
Top Bottom