Moderated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you being frank with him?…
Maybe he was a Banner. He banned me permanently from that thread.

EDIT: Not that I didn't deserve it.

Yesterday, I had a post removed by a anonymous moderator whom only identifies themselves with a question mark. The post in question partially read "Cave Divers are about as organized as a sack of wet rats" in reference to the cave diving "community". The reason it was removed was given "Don't let your animosity get the better of you".

Now it confused me, because it did not clarify if the moderator believed that I was displaying animosity towards cave divers or the rats. To be fair, I can see where both groups may be offended by this comparison on different occasions. I do know subsets of cave divers that are fairly well organized, and frankly, although I have never wet them down and stuffed them into a sack, the rats in my barn appear to may have some type of structured society, at least until the cat sees them.

So if I offended any cave divers, or rats, please accept my apologies.

Getting back to the OP, is there anything to resolve here or can we mark this Solved?

No, I'll tell you to go **** yourself. And you'll report this post because it offends you.
It’s the internet, and my skin is thick.

B050EDCC-F7F3-4F06-B467-158FCFC80861.png

Getting back to the OP, is there anything to resolve here or can we mark this Solved?

We should have resolved that I do not hold any animosity towards cave divers or rats. For that matter, I hold none towards most divers, as well as most small members of the rodent family in general. Some of the marsupials are a pain in the ass, and in the fall, I am visited by a couple of small members of the Ursidae family as they tear up my bird feeders, but overall they are just trying to make a living.

If by resolved you mean that we decided that the software has certain limits, and moderators are about as organized as a sack of wet rats, then yes, please mark it solved.

We should have resolved that I do not hold any animosity towards cave divers or rats. For that matter, I hold none towards most divers, as well as most small members of the rodent family in general. Some of the marsupials are a pain in the ass, and in the fall, I am visited by a couple of small members of the Ursidae family as they tear up my bird feeders, but overall they are just trying to make a living.

If by resolved you mean that we decided that the software has certain limits, and moderators are about as organized as a sack of wet rats, then yes, please mark it solved.
I am not sure whether it was resolved or whether the staff decided nobody cared about it anymore. I sure didn't see an explanation.

I sure didn't see an explanation.

The moderator's username is not automatically included in an Alert when a post is deleted or moved. It is a manual process for the moderator to add their name to the reason. See post #51.

In the case of the errant question mark in the OP, we can only guess that it is a typo. Unfortunately there is no option to edit the reason for the action once the moderator clicks the go button.

The moderator's username is not automatically included in an Alert when a post is deleted or moved. It is a manual process for the moderator to add their name to the reason. See post #51.

In the case of the errant question mark in the OP, we can only guess that it is a typo. Unfortunately there is no option to edit the reason for the action once the moderator clicks the go button.
I don't believe that was the real question of this thread. I believe the question was why the post was moderated, not who moderated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom