Moderated?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofg-1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Yesterday, I had a post removed by a anonymous moderator whom only identifies themselves with a question mark. The post in question partially read "Cave Divers are about as organized as a sack of wet rats" in reference to the cave diving "community". The reason it was removed was given "Don't let your animosity get the better of you".

Now it confused me, because it did not clarify if the moderator believed that I was displaying animosity towards cave divers or the rats. To be fair, I can see where both groups may be offended by this comparison on different occasions. I do know subsets of cave divers that are fairly well organized, and frankly, although I have never wet them down and stuffed them into a sack, the rats in my barn appear to may have some type of structured society, at least until the cat sees them.

So if I offended any cave divers, or rats, please accept my apologies.

It has been a while since I was dumped from the moderating staff, but I cannot imagine that would have happened during the decade or so I was there. I didn't think anything of the post when I read it in the thread.

Ummmm, that may be a problem, none of us have a problem identifying ourselves.

We aren't anonymous.

Now, to chase down the hacker, thanks for the heads-up.

I’ll bet if you invented miniature gear, and left it out, some rats would find it and learn to dive. And that might not be good. Although it might make Shark Week more interesting, because rats might be smarter than sharks.

I had an alert from “?” today stating that a post of mine had been deleted with the reason being that the referenced post had been deleted. Which, honestly, they should have. My question is-should the alert have been from a named Mod, or do those come from “?”?
Erik

Logic would indicate that "?" is either a Cave Diver or a Rat. And in my experience on this forum since joining 17 years ago..... Cave Divers will not only always tell you exactly who they are, but they will tell you who you should be. Therefore, "?" must be a Rat.

Logic would indicate that "?" is either a Cave Diver or a Rat. And in my experience on this forum since joining 17 years ago..... Cave Divers will not only always tell you exactly who they are, but they will tell you who you should be. Therefore, "?" must be a Rat.
Hmmm. Is this a conclusion derived from coincidence or an admission of guilt from the person with what appears to be rat ears in his avatar? Curious minds and all. :eyebrow: :D

Hmmm. Is this a conclusion derived from coincidence or an admission of guilt from the person with what appears to be rat ears in his avatar? Curious minds and all. :eyebrow: :D
Well played sir! That is a great observation. Actually, those are mouse ears and at one time signified officer status in the now defunct Micky Mouse Dive Club....

Maybe it was that rat from The Abyss, the one who learned to breathe liquid. He seemed to enjoy diving, might be hanging around the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom