mod complaints: Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well that was a passel of butt hurt. If you like off topic, come to the Pub.

Otherwise stay on topic.

I also do not know what your expertise is in...
Likewise, I don't know what yours is. Anyone can go on a forum and claim to be an expert in whatever field they say. The "data" they present could be factual or it could be total BS; we, the readers, have no way of knowing one way or the other. I do not take anything I read on a forum like this as fact whether I agree with it or not.

I remember many years ago when the computer revolution was just getting started that the hue and cry was that we were on the threshold of The Information Age. Unfortunately, it seems lately to be morphing into the The Misinformation Age.

Likewise, I don't know what yours is. Anyone can go on a forum and claim to be an expert in whatever field they say. The "data" they present could be factual or it could be total BS; we, the readers, have no way of knowing one way or the other. I do not take anything I read on a forum like this as fact whether I agree with it or not.

I remember many years ago when the computer revolution was just getting started that the hue and cry was that we were on the threshold of The Information Age. Unfortunately, it seems lately to be morphing into the The Misinformation Age.
Whatever. If the deleted comments are eventually restored elsewhere, I will defend what I wrote. I will also explain why I linked to the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. I'm through here with this topic.

Look at it from my POV; I could come here and claim to have PhDs in nuclear physics and quantum mechanics. I could copy a bunch of pseudoscientific mumbo-jumbo from some website and paste it in here. Would you take it as fact simply because I claimed those credentials and said it was true? I hope not; I wouldn't.

Doesnt look like you have contributed financially after all these years and posts? just sayn

You're correct Flyboy. Take a look at this new host that took over the old board 14? years or so ago. Look at all the ads plastered all over the site here and there and are scrolling. The old host had none of that ad crap going on that I can remember.

Make a donation? Why? It seems to me all these advertisers on the site are taking care of that. BTW, I've never donated a cent to any political party just to receive a pin or a hat that screams, "Look at me, I'm special, I'm a supporter, I'm better than you!". Enjoy your "Scubaboard Supporter" status if that's what makes you happy and increases your sense of self worth and importance here.

To me, you're just another member and poster here with a big red sign under your member name that you paid for that screams "I'm better than you and everyone else who isn't a supporter" (as you obviously believe by the response you made to me that I quoted above).

Anyway, with the above said I recommend we all settle down, keep posting, and those in charge of censoring and deleting posts have hopefully learned something from this. Every host forum's worth to 3rd party advertisers is based on the # of subscribers/members. I may be wrong but I don't think the host of this site wants to see members defect in mass and cancel their memberships which is exactly where this is headed if these practices were to continue.

Long story short, those moderators and whose in charge should just leave it alone going forward and stop the deletions and censorship as this is a member's forum made up of all of us. We post what we post and if the threads go off-topic as they have forever so be it. Just leave it alone.

To me, you're just another member and poster here with a big red sign under your member name that you paid for that screams "I'm better than you and everyone else who isn't a supporter" (as you obviously believe by the response you made to me that I quoted above).
FWIW, I contribute to the support of the forum and I don't feel remotely that way. Support it or not as you see fit, but please don't try to put that on everyone who tosses a few bucks to the board. I can understand how you might get your hackles up when someone criticizes you for your choice, but please be careful with that wide brush.

FWIW, I contribute to the support of the forum and I don't feel remotely that way. Support it or not as you see fit, but please don't try to put that on everyone who tosses a few bucks to the board. I can understand how you might get your hackles up when someone criticizes you for your choice, but please be careful with that wide brush.

Ggunn, no need to get your knickers in a twist over this. Maybe you should have sent that $ you paid (we'll call it donated just for fun) to have your Big Red banner flying on a virtual forum under your member name to Coz instead as my wife and I did. We sent several hundred dollars down earlier this year where it could help some locals we know. Big red banner under my member name or $ sent to Coz that actually helps people instead of some online hosted forum? Easy decision for me and I choose the later. Guess I'm just a loser who doesn't have that Big Red "Scubaboard Supporter" banner flying under my member name. No worries, I can live with the fact that my profile has no big red banner flying under it as my donations go to real people and not some for-profit hosted forum.

That's right Scubaboard.com is not registered as a non-profit. This is a business.

Ggunn, no need to get your knickers in a twist over this. Maybe you should have sent that $ you paid (we'll call it donated just for fun) to have your Big Red banner flying on a virtual forum under your member name to Coz instead as my wife and I did. We sent several hundred dollars down earlier this year where it could help some locals we know. Big red banner under my member name or $ sent to Coz that actually helps people instead of some online hosted forum? Easy decision for me and I choose the later. Guess I'm just a loser who doesn't have that Big Red "Scubaboard Supporter" banner flying under my member name. No worries, I can live with the fact that my profile has no big red banner flying under it as my donations go to real people and not some for-profit hosted forum.
Whose knickers are in a twist? :D

Whose knickers are in a twist?

Well, if you believe my hackles are up, then obviously your knickers are in a twist to think such a thing. :wink:

Ggunn... We are again going off-topic here and I expect Scuba Board's Thought Police will be deleting/censoring our corresponding responses to each other in short order. I guess having fun and posting what we all want to post in this time of COVID be it for fun or very serious commentary on COVID has no place here under this thread. All will be deleted.

Back
Top Bottom