mod complaints: Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had one of mine deleted i thought it was on topic but the mods disagree...... so guess what me and dead owls don't give a hoot.

I have better things to do than to get butt hurt because a mod disagrees with me.
I'd hazard a guess that you'd be hard pressed to find just one prodigious poster who hasn't had at least one of their posts deleted by a mod. Heck, I'd be hard pressed to name just one admin or mod who hasn't had at least one of their posts deleted by a mod.

Post enough, and you (general "you") are more or less guaranteed to violate the ToS in some way. I for one am quite comfortable with the fact that if I step over the line - which I know I've done occasionally - there's someone who reins in the discussion and keeps it on track. And I have enough of a life outside the board that I don't get particularly butt-hurt if one of my posts is deleted.

I’ve had many deleted. On reflection, I’ve realized that those posts probably violated the TOS. I’ve been around long enough to remember rec.scuba and some of the other cesspits parading as bulletin boards. No thanks.

Sure mods will ocassionally delete a post that make you question their logic. Even if you’re “right”, so what? You agree to those conditions when you sign up. This is not a soap box in Hyde Park. Don’t like it, walk away. Or better yet, go to the Pub. Good luck trying to persuade that crowd to your point of view.

Perhaps he has taken the high road and decided not to perpetuate the animosity in this thread. Perhaps he has a life outside the internet and is otherwise occupied.

Based on his unprofessional responses to the main victim of these actions I would guess not.
Certainly some of the animosity was due to his choice to stop impartially moderating and start arguing.
He chose a position of power - he needs to be held to account.

Or best yet, perhaps he is off diving and not just here playing a diver.

I'm on a boat in 6 days. You guys?
(@uncfnp that was a childish jab that adds nothing to the conversation. You talk about taking the high road...?)

I'd hazard a guess that you'd be hard pressed to find just one prodigious poster who hasn't had at least one of their posts deleted by a mod. Heck, I'd be hard pressed to name just one admin or mod who hasn't had at least one of their posts deleted by a mod.

That doesn't make it ok.

Sure mods will ocassionally delete a post that make you question their logic. Even if you’re “right”, so what?

Except he can't even justify the deletion (in my case).
He claims he can't find the post.
That's either lazy, incompetent or the forum notifications are broken. One way or another it needs to be fixed.
I don't know what I posted, he doesn't know what I posted, but the forum software is damn sure it was deleted.
(I can, however, be sure it had nothing to do with the Trump/whatever argument as I certainly don't recall ever dropping to that level on this forum.)

I will reiterate - deleting posts in a way there is no public notice or acknowledgement of the deletion, nor record of deletion, nor ability for the original poster to retrieve their words is exceedingly crass and needs to be fixed.

Most of the other mods on here are pretty effective and use sensible techniques.
@Colliam7 instead took the scorched earth and lazy approach and can't even justify his actions.
Hence, he is being - rightfully - called out for it.

I suggest y'all get off your high horses, realize you don't actually know what content was deleted (since no one does - not even the mod who indiscriminately hit the delete button apparently), and consider whether there might actually be a problem here.

Never wrestle with a pig...so obviously a troll at this time.

I'm on a boat in 6 days. You guys?
(@uncfnp that was a childish jab that adds nothing to the conversation. You talk about taking the high road...?)
I was scheduled for Narcosis starting Nov 6 for my 10 day Florida trip. Whole trip blown out so headed to the local quarry yet again tomorrow.

That doesn't make it ok.
Selective quoting FTW. Re-read the 2nd paragraph of the post you quoted. This time for comprehension.

I’ve had many deleted.

So have I, but those are ones I reported and asked for deletion as going down those kind of paths was not worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom