mod complaints: Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd62

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Split from a thread in the Cozumel forum after moderation complaints continued to derail thread.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A substantial number of posts have been deleted, as being 'Off topic'. As a reminder, the subject of this thread is:

Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please keep the discussion focused on the topic. If you would to have a more general discussion about COVID-19, global and country-specific policies related to the pandemic, the role of personal concerns - fear, etc. - in dealing with it, feel free to start a thread in an appropriate forum. 'Non-diving-related-stuff' (Non-Diving Related Stuff) might be a good place.
I'm sure glad I didn't spend yet more time replying.

I'm sure glad I didn't spend yet more time replying.
Yes. :)

I am considering moving all of the deleted posts to that separate thread I mentioned. That way, the thought that many of you have put into your posts is not simply lost in the ether.

Yes. :)

I am considering moving all of the deleted posts to that separate thread I mentioned. That way, the thought that many of you have put into your posts is not simply lost in the ether.

I'd appreciate that. The exchange, while heated, wasn't a mere flame war.

I'd appreciate that. The exchange, while heated, wasn't a mere flame war.
The posts weren't deleted because they were perceived as a flame war. Rather, they were completely off te topic of the thread, and had been Reported as such.

The posts weren't deleted because they were perceived as a flame war. Rather, they were completely off te topic of the thread, and had been Reported as such.
I understand the off-topic issue. However, I am dismayed that someone tattled. I had preferred to believe that you just stumbled onto it.

I understand the off-topic issue. However, I am dismayed that someone tattled. I had preferred to believe that you just stumbled onto it.

JD.. The "Thought Police" are everywhere these days. Even on Scubaboard now where members' commentary on various threads is now being deleted by those who have control over it. Just look at all of the posts that have been deleted and are gone on this thread. 'Nuf said. I'm about to hang Scubaboard out on the drying line with our BC's and wetsuits and forget about it. I'll pull my gear off of that line but Scubaboard can be left out there to dangle in the wing.

JD.. The "Thought Police" are everywhere these days. Even on Scubaboard now where members' commentary on various threads is now being deleted by those who have control over it. Just look at all of the posts that have been deleted and are gone on this thread for all read. 'Nuf said.
This is extremely depressing.

You bet it is. I've been a member for almost 20 years and have never seen anything like this. If I think way back when I first logged on and joined it was a different host. All of the content that was posted under that host was lost and we started over with this new "Scubaboard" host at some point many years ago. Now this host and those who are in control want to censor and control the posts of all of us here. It stinks... I'm pretty sure this post will deleted as well.

Yes. But, it is what it is. Unfortunately, it represents a complete unwillingness to acknowledge reality, as well as a strong inclination to play the role of victim. There are no 'thought police' on SB. The topic of the thread was clear. The discussion veered way off that topic. Users expressed 'concern', both IN THE THREAD and through the established procedure (Reports), about the diversion of the original topic toward unrelated discussion. The deletion of threads had NOTHING to do with the content, rather the focus. They were simply OFF TOPIC.

deepsea21:
I'm pretty sure this post will deleted as well.
No, it won't.

But, there are always some who want the thread to reflect only their PARTICULAR PERSONAL INTERESTS, and not WHAT THE OP MAY HAVE ASKED. They have the opportunity to post elsewhere, but choose to do so in a thread which addresses a separate, and distinct topic. Oh, well.

Yes. But, it is what it is. Unfortunately, it represents a complete unwillingness to acknowledge reality, as well as a strong inclination to play the role of victim. There are no 'thought police' on SB. The topic of the thread was clear. The discussion veered way off that topic. Users expressed 'concern', both IN THE THREAD and through the established procedure (Reports), about the diversion of the original topic toward unrelated discussion. The deletion of threads had NOTHING to do with the content, rather the focus. They were simply OFF TOPIC.

But, there are always some who want the thread to reflect only their PARTICULAR PERSONAL INTERESTS, and not WHAT THE OP MAY HAVE ASKED. They have the opportunity to post elsewhere, but choose to do so in a thread which addresses a separate, and distinct topic. Oh, well.
Welp, you can restore the deleted comments into their own thread, as you indicated you might do, Colliam7.

Back
Top Bottom