mod complaints: Coz Dive Ops That Handle Gear During Covid19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colliam7, I was not aware of specifying any deadline.
OK, let's try this:
jd62:
Look, Colliam7, either create the thread promptly or stop promising. If you cannot avoid scoffing, then have someone else do so.
I was giving thought to moving the posts, since the OFF TOPIC discussion was useful. But, I am also happy to leave the off topic posts deleted, since you want them moved 'promptly'. I don't want, in any way, to impede your pursuit of the topic of your interest in another, appropriate, forum. :) I am not sure what you mean by 'scoffing'.

jd62:
@Jack can be a tyrant on Twitter (until Trump finally sics his Justice Department on him, which will be never), but I did not expect to find that attitude here. Please stop it. You are not advantaging Scubaboard.
I am confused. PLEASE tell me, what does 'Trump' have to do with this discussion? I am unaware that Donald Trump (or Eric, or Donald Jr., or Barron, or Melania, or Ivanka, or whatever 'Trump' relative you may be referring to) has said / done anything that has to do with 'Gear handling in Cozumel' - remember, that was the topic of the thread.
jd62:
As for sefuchs's latest, I don't know what you have recently read, but know that I am a statistical reviewer for certain medical journals. So yes, I am an expert. If I give a thumbs down, the peer-reviewed article will not be published. If I know the editor (which I typically do), I am willing to tank an article personally. If I think the article can be salvaged, I am not too high and mighty to provide specific instructions to save the article.
OK, I am impressed with your credentials. But, if I may be immodest: BFD. GUESS WHAT? I, too, am an expert. Maybe I am immodest on that topic, because I have published >100 peer-reviewed original research papers in the scientific literature, along with the usual assortment of case studies, non-clinical reports, Letters, book chapters, etc. that a tenured faculty member of a Category 3 research university is expected to do. Maybe I am immodest on that topic, because I actually taught biostatistics for many years in that university. Maybe I am immodest on that topic, because I actually made presentations on biostatistics at national and international meetings during my career. Maybe, I am immodest on that topic, because I have served as a clinical journal reviewer for many years. Maybe, I am immodest on that topic, because I am more than happy to talk with you about biostatistics anytime you want. And, you can name the time and place. But, enough 'waving'. That is not the point.

GUESS WHAT? This 'stuff' has nothing to do with the issue, which is that the posts that were deleted were OFF TOPIC. They had nothing to do with 'Gear Handling in Cozumel.' The point was not that the posts did not have merit, did not merit discussion, but that they were off topic.

I may actually agree with you on some of the points made in the discussion. That is irrelevant. We delete off topic posts. That is not a 'thought police' function, it is a function of moderation, to keep threads on topic.

So, if the off topic discussion was critical to you, PLEASE restart it in another forum. The Cozumel subfourm of the Mexico forum was simply not the appropriate place.

Any reason why you have quoted my comment?

JD.. The "Thought Police" are everywhere these days. Even on Scubaboard now where members' commentary on various threads is now being deleted by those who have control over it. Just look at all of the posts that have been deleted and are gone on this thread. 'Nuf said. I'm about to hang Scubaboard out on the drying line with our BC's and wetsuits and forget about it. I'll pull my gear off of that line but Scubaboard can be left out there to dangle in the wing.

Yes - it has become quite clear that reasonable discussion is not welcome here.
I suppose I will cease my contributions. (again, as I was previously victim of this BS...)

So, if the off topic discussion was critical to you, PLEASE restart it in another forum. The Cozumel subfourm of the Mexico forum was simply not the appropriate place.

This would be easier if the posts had not been obliterated into unrecoverable nothingness...

I believe (since I have no way to check) my post was about how continuing to travel and support the scuba industry might be a good idea.
How is this not relevant to diving in Cozumel?
Certainly more relevant than the discussion on moderator behavior you've turned this thread into.

OK, I am impressed with your credentials. But, if I may be immodest: BFD. GUESS WHAT? I, too, am an expert.

None of us are impressed by your **** waving - even if it is in response to another post.

OK, let's try this: I was giving thought to moving the posts, since the OFF TOPIC discussion was useful. But, I am also happy to leave the off topic posts deleted, since you want them moved 'promptly'. I don't want, in any way, to impede your pursuit of the topic of your interest in another, appropriate, forum. :) I am not sure what you mean by 'scoffing'.

I am confused. PLEASE tell me, what does 'Trump' have to do with this discussion? I am unaware that Donald Trump (or Eric, or Donald Jr., or Barron, or Melania, or Ivanka, or whatever 'Trump' relative you may be referring to) has said / done anything that has to do with 'Gear handling in Cozumel' - remember, that was the topic of the thread.OK, I am impressed with your credentials. But, if I may be immodest: BFD. GUESS WHAT? I, too, am an expert. Maybe I am immodest on that topic, because I have published >100 peer-reviewed original research papers in the scientific literature, along with the usual assortment of case studies, non-clinical reports, Letters, etc. that a tenured faculty member of a Category 3 research university is expected to do. Maybe I am immodest on that topic, because I actually taught biostatistics for many years in that university. Maybe, I am immodest on that topic, because I have served as a clinical journal reviewer for many years. Maybe, I am immodest on that topic, because I am more than happy to talk with you about biostatistics anytime you want. And, you can name the time and place. But, enough 'waving'.

And, GUESS WHAT? That has nothing to do with the issue, which is that the posts that were deleted were OFF TOPIC. They had nothing to do with 'Gear Handling in Cozumel.' The point was not that the posts did not have merit, did not merit discussion, but that they were off topic.

I may actually agree with you on some of the points made in the discussion. That is irrelevant. We delete off topic posts. That is not a 'thought police' function, it is a function of moderation, to keep threads on topic.

I have no idea what a category 3 research university is, and I am underwhelmed by > 100 publications. I also do not know what your expertise is in What I do know is that you slashed and burned a number of comments rather than just moving them to an appropriate place. I would not challenge your decision to move these comments.

All of your prissy stuff pretending not to grasp my Trump reference is just annoying.

If you want to trash my efforts by not moving them, fine. But if you get sued again, know that I will not have your back.

This would be easier if the posts had not been obliterated into unrecoverable nothingness...

I believe (since I have no way to check) my post was about how continuing to travel and support the scuba industry might be a good idea.
I see no post by you that was deleted. I can see them. None that I see have your name on them.
Mike Walker:
None of us are impressed by your **** waving - even if it is in response to another post.
Good. I wasn't trying to, or interested in, impressing you.

I see no post by you that was deleted. I can see them. None that I see have your name on them.

I was brought here this evening by the 'Alerts' function indicating my post deleted for being 'off topic' in this thread.
I suppose this just happens randomly?

(I don't carefully track my postings. I expect them to stay where they were placed...)

I see no post by you that was deleted. I can see them. None that I see have your name on them.Good. I wasn't trying to, or interested in, impressing you.
I have edited my own fumble fingered reply to you. What a mess this has become. Colliam, you have managed to alienate me unnecessarily. Goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom