Mobile Dive shanty...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

latest configuration plans, considering total weight of cylinders both full and empty, I moved them to horizontally across front, under bench, fill panel would go on on front right side panel.

Water tank is mounted under frame, a long wide shallow tank. Water Heater and water pump systems under left side rear bench, right side bench open for storage. two outside shower station panels on left side to either side of wheel.

Will be adding a rear bumper carrier to back of camper, additional storage and an offset to weight of tanks on hitch.

Working on a spread sheet of weights for various items so I can run thru a buddies trailer building software. It will help me determine axle and tongue weights for various configurations.

If weather holds and allows me to finish house painting project I may get started on deconstruction in February. Reconstruction will be at a pace determined by availability of parts at budget prices.

Attachments

• CADVANCE - diveshck.pdf
    4.9 KB · Views: 123
NadMat....

Thanks for the update.

The under-frame water tank seems like a good idea for keeping the center of gravity low and not taking up internal space. You going to use one sorta like what you would have on a camper or something?

what type of water heater? like the small square propane ones that they have in campers? or something else.

For the rear bumper carrier, put in a 2" receiver hitch perhaps. that way you could put in a cargo box, cargo platform or a bike rack that mounts on the 2" box hitch. just an idea.

mike, here is link to site I like to use to window shop RV stuff.

Here is their page image for the Atwood water heaters. I would love to get a 65695 [GE16EXT] but any 10 gallon propane/electric camper unit would work. I figure about a 50-60 gallon water tank. And a 3-4 gpm delivery system that at full bore could empty that tank in about 15-20 minutes. Not enough for many long friendly showers, but ok for a few warm after dive rinse offs. It will also have city water connections for those full service locations.
283.jpg

mike, here is link to site I like to use to window shop RV stuff.

Here is their page image for the Atwood water heaters. I would love to get a 65695 [GE16EXT] but any 10 gallon propane/electric camper unit would work. I figure about a 50-60 gallon water tank. And a 3-4 gpm delivery system that at full bore could empty that tank in about 15-20 minutes. Not enough for many long friendly showers, but ok for a few warm after dive rinse offs. It will also have city water connections for those full service locations.

Those heaters actually work pretty good and will deliver plenty of water for a warm shower....

we used one up in Canada for the fish camp we went too and never ran out of hot water for the shower. I was surprised. (I think we had the 6 gallon one also).

Does anyone know the link to the (insanely expensive) dive trailer that gets linked to at SB sometimes?

Be sure to set all the weight over the axle(s) with ten percent of the total weight on the tongue for tow-ability.
Where you have the bulk of the weight now will cause the trailer to be too light on the front, this
will result in the "tail wagging the dog".
Additional info.
I just looked at your cad plan.
You may have trouble finding a water tank that will exist in the same area as the axle. Do put it as close to the center as possible. Water weighs 7 lbs per gallon and the tank will not always be full (meaning that this weight will vary).
The cascade tanks a any other static weight could be installed over the axle and a little forward to get the ten percent tongue weight.
This sounds like a great project, I wish I had one for cold weather diving.
Have fun!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom