Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travelem

Contributor
Reaction score
Which Moalboal dive shop do you recommend?

I prefer small group per divemaster.

Thanks.

Thank you.

How many divers per DM do they usually arrange?
Does it have a bank or ATM machine in Moalboal?
Do the shops there accept credit cards or US$?

Also, is it easy to find internet service and long distance call service in Moalboal?

I've had anywhere from 1 to 6 divers per DM. There are no ATM machines in Moalboal. Some of the larger operations and hotels will accept credit cards, though they will add a 6% surcharge to compensate for the extra fees charged by the banks. US dollars are widely accepted, but to get the best exchange rate for things priced in Pesos, it probably makes sense to withdraw Pesos from an ATM in Cebu. As for Internet access, there is a small Internet cafe attached to one of the bars on the main road leading away from the beach. Some of the hotels also offer Internet access, though at higher prices. I don't know about long distance calls, but I imagine it's not an issue. If you have a cell phone that's not locked and uses a SIM card, you can also just get a local SIM card while in the Philippines.

travelem:
I am just back from Cebu, Bohol & Moalboal.

For Cebu & Bohol photos, please visit:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105371159&slideshow=1

For Moalboal underwater photos, please go to:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2105371684&slideshow=1

didn't you blind the tarsier with that flash? and you didn't go to Kawasan Falls ...... and it was just a few minutes from moalboal...

did you go to pescador ?

:eek:)

Back
Top Bottom