Question Moalboal and....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rta18

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are headed Cebu way just after Easter and, as usual, have not got ourselves organised yet. We have 6/7 days and Moalboal is def on the cards, but also wondering if we try and go somewhere else as well... Malapascua? Dauin? Panglao? While we want to make the most of diving - we need some down time too - but worried I will have FOMO if we have got as far as Cebu and only made one dive destination with so many fab ones around? Any top tips gratefully appreciated!

@rta18
Malapascua is the only place that need advanced reservation and you could be too late for it!
If you only have 6/7 days then it is logical to choose one destination. Travelling will eat away your precious time.
Moalboal is a good choice. You can go to Oslob as a special trip to dive with the whaleshark(read the controversy of the topic).

I went to Dauin for three days of diving a couple of years ago.

On the return to Manila, we decided to go the long way to Cebu airport to see Kawasan falls. We left around 5am and was at the falls by 8am. We could have gone to Oslob first, swam with the whale sharks and been at the falls by 9:30am as some of my friends have done.

Moalbal is close to Kawasan falls by an hour to an hour and a half. You could leave Dauin and be at Moalboal in 4-5 hours with plenty of time for two dives on arrival. Sadly, we didn't get to dive in Moalboal that time as we only passed it by.

We did rent a private van for about $150. We were at our hotel on Mactan island by 4pm.

Dauin to Moalboal could very well be doable on your schedule.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom