Moalboal name and shame

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the Facebook discussion:

According to Jesper Nyqvist, "Blue Star Dive Resort in Moalboal is the one who are responsible for this. Please send them an email and let them know your opinion regarding this, bluestar7188@naver.com"

Blue Star Dive Resort MOALBOAL This is the operation allegedly responsible for the incident. Their website is registered in Korea (now dead domain - hence the link to a travel site above).

Important to note: There are two dive operations named 'Blue Star' in the Philippines. The (alleged) culprit resort is based in Moalboal. The other Blue Star (based in Anda, Bohol) is not associated with them in any way. I confirmed that directly.

Blue Star Dive Resort Anda Bohol:
Hi Andy, we have NOTHING to do with this! We do not know the people that are using our business name illegally. We do not cater to Korean divers and we are located in Anda, Bohol and not in Moalboal. We are very affected by this and our reputation is suffering from this picture. Again we condemn any molestation of marine life!!! We do not even understand how they can use our business name as we are registered with the DTI and SEC. Appreciate you help us clear our name as this is really affecting us.

Last edited:
Thanks for showing the photograph. I now have a new "prop" for teaching!

Here's what's being sent around Facebook - allegedly from the perpetrators:

373997_342373952482040_100001283142221_1007626_1504083044_n.jpg

It looks like they learned their lesson. Hopefully, they will pass it on.

I remember seeing a similar incident in the Caribbean years ago.

It's all about education.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom