Moalboal in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmb.amdg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning bring my family to Moalbaol, Cebu during the Christmas break. We are all certified OW with a little less than a year's experience. I will appreciate it if anyone could give us some tips:

1. Best resort to stay - a good balance - comfort-price-food-service and amenities (a nice pool will be a plus)

2. Must-see dive sites... and what to look out for in each

3. Things to see and do when not diving... I have younger kids who will not dive.

Any thoughts - anyone?

THanks!

I think Quo Vadis or Marcosas would fit the bill for you re the accommodation and pool. It's true there isn't as much to do apart from diving as you might find in Bohol, but there is a pretty experienced outfit in Moalboal called Planet Action Adventure that organises outdoor activities. It might be worth contacting them to find out what's on offer that would suit kids. There is a very comprehensive site that gives you all the info you need on Moalboal, but I can't give you the url as I haven't done 5 posts yet. Just google Moalboal information and you'll find it.

If you don't already have a dive shop you want to use, I'd recommend Blue Abyss.

Have a good time.

I am planning bring my family to Moalbaol, Cebu during the Christmas break. We are all certified OW with a little less than a year's experience. I will appreciate it if anyone could give us some tips:

1. Best resort to stay - a good balance - comfort-price-food-service and amenities (a nice pool will be a plus)

2. Must-see dive sites... and what to look out for in each

3. Things to see and do when not diving... I have younger kids who will not dive.

Any thoughts - anyone?

THanks!
Hi there,

I am Carl and the owner of Cebu Dive Centre based in Panagsama, Moalboal.We can be viewed on our website at Diving in Cebu Philippines - Cebu dive boats - diving boats Cebu and we can be contacted at either info@cebudivecentre.com or cebudivecentre@yahoo.com

We are currently offering special package deals for December so please let us know your exact requirements and we will be able to give you the best options for you and your family.

We offer comfortable accommodation, with pool if required and the dive centre also has a beach where the kids can play. We can also arrange activities with Planet Action (see our website) and also day trips to the nearby Kawasan Falls or White Beach.

The diving here in December is excellent and the dive-spots are home to an extraordinary array of coral, ferns, anemones, sponges and a swarming host of brightly coloured fish.

Groupers, turtles and sea snakes are among the common encountered residents.Divers are often surrounded by schools of pelagic’s and encounters with white tip sharks.

Since the year 2000 more and more whale shark sightings are reported in Moalboal, most of them at the house reef. The giants are around Moalboal almost the entire year

All dives are superb wall dives, with some small caverns and swim through, an interesting underwater topography as well as the most colourful reef creatures imaginable.

We hope the above answers your questions and if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards from sunny Moalboal.

Carl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom