MK25T/S600T v MK25/S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kemo Racer

Reaction score
I was planning to get the mk25/s600 combo but then i noticed that there was a titanium version. Is there any reason I should get the titanium version?

I always thought Titanium wasn't a good material for Reg's......sumthin' about high O2 content mixtures???? Besides, it probably costs more :)

Well, it's lighter (not sure by how much), and saltwater won't corrode it, but I find it hard to justify the additional cost. Performance is the same. However, if you can afford it, by all means!

only difference is weight. however, what you save in regulator weight you will have to add to your weight belt. also probably not a good idea to dive anything more than 40% O2 with a titanium reg.

I didn't realize there were weights in 0.0003 lb. increments :)

C'mon, really.

Yeah that 40% O2 limit.

I guess I won't tell you I use all my regs for high O2 (At times) without any changes..............

You should see how dirty my shop Oxy/Acet tanks are :)

I DO squint when I open knobs though :)

Save the money on the ti, it is twice the price. If you dive ALOT might be better over years. Why not got the new x650, I just got one and love it, love the look and where the vent is.

The owner of the LDS where I bought my Mk25/S600 is a true blue scuba pro fan and will dive nothing else. It was his opinion that the S600T was a waste of money and that Atomic's T1X was far superior for a titanium reg becuase there was more titanium in it.

With that said I will not recomend a scuba pro product at this point. I feel like the Mk25/S600 is only average among its price range and truthfully I am kind of bitter about the fact they are recalling my computer. If I had to do over again I would go with an Atomic Z1. It breathes as well if not better than my scuba pro reg, is cheaper and only lacks the swivel on the first stage (big deal).

Unless you are James Bond, I don't know why anyone would want a titanium regulator.

Oh, it's lighter... great, I'll put more weight on my belt!!:D

There are much better things to spend your SCUBA bucks on.

Unless you're into ultralight travel and you want to shave a couple of ounces off your luggage, why bother - it offers no other advantage, except for plenty of discussion about it's suitability for nitrox usage.

The lightweight aspects are irrelevant once it's in the water, and strapped to a 35lb tank :)

Titanium regs. Bahhh! Hey, if it's good in the space shuttle and airplanes it must be better for diving regulators!

Get the brass reg and spend the dough you would have spent on the titanium on some other gear you want. The comment about having to wear more lead for the weight you lose on the reg is right on.

Screen door on a submarine, as they say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom