Mk25 evo intermediate pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lets give them a benefit of the doubt. It might be just part of the warranty process, or quality control process. OP did mention that this is a new reg less than 1y old. May be an SP certified technician can shed a light here. If (hypothetically) SP does want to get this sample to understand whether its a QA issue they would want it back before any technician disassembles it. Who knows may be OP will get a new reg as part of that process :)

If they did send the video to SP, it would mean they just disclosed their incompetence.

It is official now, you have super mental telepathy and know everything and can tell what's on people's minds across the world based on few words on online forums!!!

It is official now, you have super mental telepathy and know everything and can tell what's on people's minds across the world based on few words on online forums!!!
Really didn’t think it was so complicated that I needed some superpower. We’re all just trying to be helpful.

Really didn’t think it was so complicated that I needed some superpower. We’re all just trying to be helpful.

The OP wasn't trying to get people attack his LDS, he was looking for more opinions on why his regulator was doing what it was doing. It would have been much more helpful and informative if people had thoughts on what the problem may have been instead of unfairly attacking the LDS.

Jajajaja. This has been my more enjoyable thread. Just to establish some facts:
- I sent the video to my LDS
- my LDS sent the video to SP
- LDS told me that SP requested them to run "a more specific test", so I need to take the reg tomorrow to the LDS

Will keep you all posted. But definitely, I am not accepting anything less than a fix or a replacement.

The OP wasn't try to get people attack his LDS, he was looking for more opinions on why his regulator was doing what it was doing. It would have been much more helpful and informative if people had thoughts on what the problem may have been and not attack the LDS.
You are completely right. Wasnt looking for any attack. Lets wait for the answers from SP, and if they are not on par of excellent customer service, then you guys help me attack!!!

Jajajaja. This has been my more enjoyable thread. Just to establish some facts:
- I sent the video to my LDS
- my LDS sent the video to SP
- LDS told me that SP requested them to run "a more specific test", so I need to take the reg tomorrow to the LDS

Will keep you all posted. But definitely, I am not accepting anything less than a fix or a replacement.
You would of never known, good on you for testing it yourself. Now you have a baseline.

The mk25 is notoriously drifty in my experience as a tech. The seats in the kits are hardly ever perfect and require close inspection before use. Any imperfection on the piston sealing surface will cause a lot of drift or creep. This is a high performance first stage but is very fussy. Keep in mind the end user will never notice some IP creep but as a tech it can be very frustrating. IMO if you want a seriously stable balanced piston but an Atomic.

Back
Top Bottom