MK-19 in the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got MK25s specifically for the reason of exceptional routing and I still think no other layout can beat it, there are no sharp bends like on most diaphragm regs,
lowvis your routing does not show another bend of the wing LP host on the right post. Besides you are using steel tanks which have long necks. Try to set them up on a set of AL tanks and the disadvantage will be more obvious, as the necks are much shorter and hoses running down will be bending more.

If you really want to use the straight port for the long hose you can run the MK25 down instead of to the right. But it will be stressing the reg more when the hose is deployed. I have not noticed any difference between how the ports breath though.

Diaphragms with 5th port are nice but their diaphragm side protrudes to much interfering with the knobs.

...//... Besides you are using steel tanks which have long necks. Try to set them up on a set of AL tanks and the disadvantage will be more obvious, as the necks are much shorter and hoses running down will be bending more. ...//...

Sat two AL80's side by side to test. Interesting, yes, the aluminum necks require a faster bend. However, I can find a different angle for the regs that keeps the bends acceptable and the posts clear. I'm strongly biased toward keeping my posts clear due to my bulky cold water gloves.

---------- Post added ----------

...//... but these regs provide so much air and lockup so fast that I don't think it comes into play ...//...

ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom