Mk 10 tools?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herman, I got his bullet tool, end cap pin spanner and piston stem O ring tools, work a treat and are cheap. I also use a socket for the yoke as all the ones I've bought have been seized. A first stage holding tool, hex key for turret and a Scubapro multi tool for body. A torque wrench. I know there are work arounds for most tools I have but I like having them anyway, makes me feel like a real reg tech (that's a joke).

Thanks so much for all the replies. I do remember using a bid crescent wrench for the yolk nut but I'll probably get a socket.

Looking forward to getting back into this.

Good list from the Usual Suspects and of course I have my own. As someone else mentioned, contact Herman and let him know what sort of regs you're working on. He will get you sorted and not try to sell you something you don't need.

At least get:
pin spanner
brass picks
1'' socket
bullet tool

Very nice to have is the o-ring insertion tool....it will prevent you from wondering why in the hell you decided to work on your MK 10
Custom Scuba Tools MK 5 and MK 10 Piston Stem O-ring Tool

Have fun and keep us posted.

I also use chopsticks, well one, to remove and install first stage crowns and seat balance chamber block O rings on conshelfs etc.

Yes, they are very inexpensive and handy. I use them to remove BA/109/G250 orifices, and to start them upon installation. I saw a video a member (Bronze06) posted where he made a piston bullet out of a chopstick.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info guys. I'm not too familiar with how forums operate, how do you contact the @herman Guru you all speak of? Does he have a website?

Thanks, C

Just start a conversation with him. If you can't figure out how to do that let us know.

His SB name is "Herman"

"PM" sent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom