MJ850 - cheap. Too good to be true?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can not remove the head from the body then the PCB will probably be green.
I can remove it, but it does not strobe when i turn it from off to low to high in one second. So the green one??

I had one broken, so send ik back to DX. Did also went on 5%, could not get it off again. I got today a new one, and found out there were some changes.

- Black O-rings (which were already greased)
- Different style reflector. The LED is totally visable, not only the lens
- Could not screw the head from the battery part.
- Brighter light (i change batteries between the lights, and it was still brighter)
- The bright spot in the middle of the beam is larger
The rest looks the same.

So is this a new version of the light??

Erik

That seems to be the actual version.
And what do you think about the old one, where i can screw off the head, but the i can't put it in to strobe mode??

Erik

You should replace the red o-rings by harder ones with the same dimension. The red ones work, but you have to be very careful concerning grease. Standard black o-rings are better.
If you do not have a strobe mode, then you have probably not the PCB that caused so much trouble.

Michael

You should replace the red o-rings by harder ones with the same dimension. The red ones work, but you have to be very careful concerning grease. Standard black o-rings are better.
Michael

Do you have dimensions for the o-ring? Mine came with the red ones, what should I watch out for?

The dimensions are 33x2.65mm

Michael

Hi all,

I return to this thread to inform you on the mail discussion I had with the producer of this lamp. I have had a chain of mails on how focussed the light is and how unpleasant that is when taking photo's with it... after a couple of months of mailing and discussion they have shown me some pictures of a new concept they are releasing soon.

The old AT-810 / MJ-810 has been facelifted and now can be ordered with frosted glass extra. Check my blog for photos and details.

oh, and the old 850 lamp I have had returned from China.. it still works after 15+ dives!:D

Cheers,

Maurice
pics with Zeeland goodness (with 850 lighting) (edited: added th link)

The first MJ-810 produced before 2011 had a drowning problem. Since version E no problems have occured anymore.
But! The actual series shows a funny behaviour. It is possible that the light flashes when you switch from one state to an other.

Michael

Last edited:
The first MJ-810 produced before 2011 had a drowning problem. Since version E no problems have occured anymore.
But! The actual series shows a funny behaviour. It is possible that the light flashes when you switch from one state to an other.

Michael

Thanks again Michael.

Since you are more familiar with the market (in Germany, if I am correct):
Did you come across many different models/versions? (have you got a list of versions?)
Did you have any similar requests being processed to updates? (frosted glass option)

Did anyone use this light for photo and video work? (got a similar question on my blog...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom