Mixing brands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the hog classic is a plastic regulator, it won't do much for your dry mouth even if it has a metal air barrel. Better would be an all metal 2nd stage; the metal case allows for much more condensation and that's what makes the difference. A sufficient size to the case so that there is enough volume of air to remain in the case and condense is also important. A conshelf or SP 108 or 109 would be fine. Any of these would work well with your oceanic 1st stage. They just need to be tuned together, something you could do yourself if you have a bit of mechanical aptitude. I have a 108 I guess I could sell if you're interested, but check around the usual places first.

Whoever told you that low IP would cause this is not accurate.

I believe he said if the IP was low it would cause me to have to breathe harder, which might contribute to the dryness. He was guessing since there is no way to know for sure.

I believe he said if the IP was low it would cause me to have to breathe harder, which might contribute to the dryness. He was guessing since there is no way to know for sure.

not if the second stage was balanced or even if it wasn't, if it was tuned properly. The Delta is a balanced 2nd stage, and I can honestly say I've never seen a regulator have it's IP go down, so add those two up, and I don't think that the IP is going to change anything.

I may have simply misunderstood.

much more likely that whoever "someone" is, they misunderstood. If the second stage was an unbalanced second stage, then yes, it is possible that the IP being low would make it hard to breathe, however that wouldn't cause it to make your mouth dry. It would have to be a very low IP to make a significant difference though and is highly unlikely to be a real world situation. With a balanced second stage, the IP would have to be incredibly low before it is something noticeable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom