Mix n match neoprene-- sound practical?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nolatom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've dived almost two decades with the same 3mm full suit and 3mm Harvey's hoodie vest (I'm a creature of habit and don't dive often enough to wear them out). Recently I managed to leave the latter behind at a site and don't realistically expect it back, may it find a good home.

So--lingering in my closet is a 2mm (I think) shorty I got at a yard sale long ago thinking I might use it but never have, the occasion just never arose.. But--cheapskate that I am--I'm thinking that if it fits well over the full suit, could I use it for the same cool water conditions along with buying just a new hood sans vest??

I expect the answer will be "try it and see", but if you think it's a dumb idea going in, I ain't diving for the next few months til the Gulf warms up so I have time to take advice.

Thanks. Aside from being forgetful, it was a nice couple of dives off Jupiter and at Blue Heron last week. Good lemons and sea turtles out on the Area 51 reef area, and numerous fishies at BHB despite the recent fish-harvesting "incident" we have discussed at length on this board.

I have a 3 mil shorty that I supplement with a long sleeve part neoprene rash guard and a 3 mil vest as conditions require. I don't need or like my lower legs covered in warm water conditions so this works well for me.

Do the colors clash?

Reactions: Ana
Do the colors clash?

Whoa. Why didn't I think of that first??? Guys are clueless ;-)
both basic- black, but long suit is (faded) dayglo green accent, shorty is maroon accent. Hood I plan on black.

Can I be seen in this combo?? What will the scuba fashion press say??

My last trip there was a larger guy who felt his wetsuit fit best backwards and left unzipped...
Wear what works however it fits best.
Fun knows no fashion!

++1 on layering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom