Mistakes you have made rushing into the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrianB once bubbled...
1st dive of holiday in Nova scotia-- very excited to get in the good ole salt water. Talking to local divers while getting suited up and they expressed some concern we "Upper Canada" divers may not be cognizant of tides, bouyancy, etc. in the area. Assured them we were ready to rock and roll and finished gearing up. Husband had some difficulty getting on his boots and seemed to be struggling but figured his back was sore from the 18 hour drive. After an exhilerating but rather uncomfortable dive, while undressing we discovered he'd managed to force his boots onto the wrong feet.Natives too polite to mention mistake...

...that was a close one...I was worried you were going to add to my long list of faux pas performed in your company.

D: you need to get your own sign on handle here so the ladies don't get the wrong idea when BrianB starts posting in the Ladies Only section.....

Just the good old descent-with-snorkel trick.

Got about two metres down before I realised, then almost choked from laughing (didn't help that everyone else was laughing at me)!

dave

Seems that My buddy and I can't figure our feet out. My buddy has forgotten her boots and ended up wearing the instructors size 10 Mens (she's a size 6 womans). This weekend I forgot my socks. It rather cold in BC waters without some foot protection beyond the neoprene.

Another classic, I performed a perfect back roll off the boat without the zippers closed on my TP II integrated weight system. It was the quickest loose weight quick scheme....

Jimi

I once was in a hurry and didn't properly check out my rental tanks. My first tank had a little over 2000 PSI when I hit the water. That made for a short first dive. My buddy was pissed because he only dives one weekend a year (weanie, warm water resort diver) and I was messing up his trip.

:boxing: <== my buddy and I between dives. :rofL:

Back
Top Bottom