Missouri/Arkansas get together?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not dove that area. It is West of the Scuba park that I have been to, which is nearer the dam. I will have to get over and check out the spot where you were at.

DW
What's over in the scuba park you dive at?

Hey Mike,

I appreciate the interest. Do you have any thoughts on the time frame? Thought I would get some ideas, and see what the most people are wanting. Thanks.

DW
@Dark Wolf The only time I cant make it would be in the beginning of Sept as I have a trip to Coz "planned" (we will see how that turns out ) so most weekends is good for me.

Currently schedule for Bonaire trip end of Aug, early Sept. Have not done in that area before and would find it interesting.

What's over in the scuba park you dive at?

About the same kind of stuff. Training platforms, couple of boats, etc. Just just around the bend are the bluffs and the enchanted forest. Couple of boats over there also, but the wall and the forest are fun.

DW

@Dark Wolf The only time I cant make it would be in the beginning of Sept as I have a trip to Coz "planned" (we will see how that turns out ) so most weekends is good for me.

Currently schedule for Bonaire trip end of Aug, early Sept. Have not done in that area before and would find it interesting.

I will take a look at the calendar when I get to work tonight, and will have a date posted ASAP. Hope you both can make it, and hope you both have great warm water trips!

DW

Hey Kyle,
Tons of stuff at the beaver lake dive park and surrounding area for those that enjoy that kind of thing. Multiple boats, including the "pirate ship" - a 40’ wooden boat with shredded sails, single and double decker houseboats, a sailboat and various small cement statues like Shakespeare, the alligator, the skeleton and the seahorses just to name a few. Vis is 30’ easily, except around the OW classes where it drops to arms length or less.

There’s supposed to be a bulldozer in a quarry left over from building the dam that we are searching for now. I think we enjoy the walls, old stands of trees, roads, and that kind of thing mostly. Saw a tree a beaver chewed half way through at 70’ a couple weeks ago. We think he may have got some deco as much chewing as he did.

I bet we will see close to 100 divers there this weekend. Air and food at C&J’s just up the road of course.

No need to coordinate days for your trip with me. Our group is there most weekends, diving lots of different spots. Not the greatest lake, but better than worrying about surface problems.

George

Hey Kyle,
Tons of stuff at the beaver lake dive park and surrounding area for those that enjoy that kind of thing. Multiple boats, including the "pirate ship" - a 40’ wooden boat with shredded sails, single and double decker houseboats, a sailboat and various small cement statues like Shakespeare, the alligator, the skeleton and the seahorses just to name a few. Vis is 30’ easily, except around the OW classes where it drops to arms length or less.

There’s supposed to be a bulldozer in a quarry left over from building the dam that we are searching for now. I think we enjoy the walls, old stands of trees, roads, and that kind of thing mostly. Saw a tree a beaver chewed half way through at 70’ a couple weeks ago. We think he may have got some deco as much chewing as he did.

I bet we will see close to 100 divers there this weekend. Air and food at C&J’s just up the road of course.

No need to coordinate days for your trip with me. Our group is there most weekends, diving lots of different spots. Not the greatest lake, but better than worrying about surface problems.

George

Hey George,

Yeah, there is stuff over there. I just prefer the other side of the boat ramp. Nothing wrong with the park, we just made a lot of trips around it last year. Sounds like the vis is better than last year! All the rain really had things jacked up.

I have heard/read about the quarry, sounds like it would be a fun dive. Ha ha, I saw either a video or a picture of the beaver chewed tree.

I like C&J's, Jim and Rachel are nice folks.

Unfortunately, I work weekends. I am off on Thursdays and Fridays, which puts me to the sites ahead of most of the OW classes. Works out great in that respect! Not so much in coordinating dives with other people, though.

I have been spending a lot of time at Stockton after buying a house. It is very nice to only drive 20 minutes versus the 2 1/2 to 3 hours each way. But there are sacrifices. Vis is typically low, not as much to see in general. Up side is, a divers navigation gets much better, and 20 foot vis seems remarkable!

Glad you are well and getting plenty of dives in!

DW

Ok. Get together is set for September 25, 26, and 27. Location is Beaver Lake Scuba Park.

DW
What will the water temperature be like around then? Have not dove that late in the year in this area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom