... Missing you all and diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been training for my first triathlon and doing other things and the only water I've been in has been the pool ... with the exception of a brief soiree into the freezing waters of Aquatic Park in SF (in nothing but a swimming cap and a 3mm).... Needless to say, I am missing you all and missing diving.

Hoping to get a dive in shortly after my tri on 2/28 - if not sooner!

You don't need a 3mm for aquatic Park! Just pay the daily fee at the Dolphin or South End clubs and take a loooong hot shower or sauna afterwards.
:D
Also make sure you drink a hot beverage beforehand.:coffee:

I'm not exactly an expert, I've only done it a few times but a friend of mine said to try it without the wetsuit and I'm glad I did. It's a really cool (On many different levels) experience. I just swim with regular trunks and an orange insulated cap.

Dear me. You are one of those guys, eh? One of our friends used to hold their Polar Bear record - nuts. :) me? I am almost froze with a 3mm... So for now, I am going to stick to it, but I will give you lots of kudos for doing it without.

Dear me. You are one of those guys, eh? One of our friends used to hold their Polar Bear record - nuts. :) me? I am almost froze with a 3mm... So for now, I am going to stick to it, but I will give you lots of kudos for doing it without.

Believe it or not, and I was skeptical before I tried it, it's not that bad. I would imagine having a swimsuit that covers your torso is a big plus. I'm of course not too familiar with women's swimsuits but I would imagine that you could get one that's somewhat insulated.

Good luck on your triathlon!

Women's suits really aren't that insulating. Alas. Thanks for the good luck wishes on the tri. :)

Sarita - good luck with your training & the triathlon! I've been following your progress & you are deffinately committed! I'm sure you'll do great!

Yes, I definitely miss you and would love to dive with you soon. I've been following your progress too and I'm very impressed with all the hard work and committment you've shown to this. Go Sarah!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom