Missing getting wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Louie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello fellow western Canadian divers,

Well, after a long time away from lovely BC (and a six month stint working in diving in Thailand), I've come back for the next few months to work at a "normal" job to enable my return to the warmer climes.

But I miss diving and am hoping to get in a few trips in a month or so.

So, question for all you BC divers is: What is reasonably close to Vancouver that offer good diving on a day's trip. I realise this has been asked many times but I would like some subjective input (in other words, what is your favourite site(s) near the Greater Vancouver area?

Thanks for your help. Oh also, does anyone know where one can rent a drysuit around here?

Cheers

Lou

Louie:
Hello fellow western Canadian divers,

Well, after a long time away from lovely BC (and a six month stint working in diving in Thailand), I've come back for the next few months to work at a "normal" job to enable my return to the warmer climes.

But I miss diving and am hoping to get in a few trips in a month or so.

So, question for all you BC divers is: What is reasonably close to Vancouver that offer good diving on a day's trip. I realise this has been asked many times but I would like some subjective input (in other words, what is your favourite site(s) near the Greater Vancouver area?

Thanks for your help. Oh also, does anyone know where one can rent a drysuit around here?

Cheers

Lou

You can rent a dry suit from Dive and Sea Sports in New Westminster. If you check with the guys around the shop also, you might be able to get out on some pretty good day trips. Usually something going on, on Sundays and sometimes Saturdays locally. Sunday is usually a trip to the Sunshine Coast or over to Vancouver Island for the day.

Back
Top Bottom