Missing diver Komodo LOB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a tip from those of us who grew up spearfishing 100 miles offshore on the west cost of Florida:

Obviously one should carry an SMB, but I also have a BIG, bright yellow, heavy duty lawn and leaf trash bag folded very neatly and stowed behind my BCDs back plate. When blown up it is gigantic and far more effective than just a SMB. The cost is almost nothing, and if I ever find myself in that kind of trouble the size could make all the difference in being spotted.

Last edited:
Here's a tip from those of us who grew up spearfishing 100 miles offshore on the west cost of Florida:

Obviously one should carry an SMB, but I also have a BIG, bright yellow, heavy duty law and leaf trash bag folded very neatly and stowed behind my BCDs back plate. When blown up it is gigantic and far more effective than just a SMB. The cost is almost nothing, and if I ever find myself in that kind of trouble the size could make all the difference in being spotted.

That is a gret idea!!

Someone recommended space blankets too but you have to let the boat know you have one and what it does. If a search plane uses radar to search it shows up as huge hunk of metal floating in the water.

Obviously one should carry an SMB, but I also have a BIG, bright yellow, heavy duty lawn and leaf trash bag folded very neatly and stowed behind my BCDs back plate. When blown up it is gigantic and far more effective than just a SMB. The cost is almost nothing, and if I ever find myself in that kind of trouble the size could make all the difference in being spotted.

Great idea, I am here in Europe. CAn you give a picture or better, a reference? Thanks

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkhD5zTHBJsxo2iY3LNv9W84rVPtJjLUuN5szKivYYQiR8wtT6WPfS6HvovQ.jpg

Or similar. Can buy from hardware stores easily enough :)

Still no word? It's Monday afternoon over there.

Thanks Wetpup. I saw that in another post but this is much easier.

Back
Top Bottom