Missing Boatel update - Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lake Travis Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
During a dive at Wreck Alley today, we had a chance to speak with the the new home owner about the missing Boatel. He informed us that the Boatel was dragged out about 150' - 200' from it's original resting place.

Sounds like a search and locate dive is in order so the Boatel can be put back on the dive trail.

Attached is a photo of the Boatel as it appeared above the surface last year during the drought. The homeowner also indicated that the boat in the background was also pulled out to a deeper area. Last time we saw the boat it was loaded with the bathtub and other metal items collected from the shore.

This Lake Travis treasure must be found!

Attachments

• Wreck Alley  11-28-2009 06.jpg
    Wreck Alley 11-28-2009 06.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 4,906
Aw, that's where I proposed... burn it, get rid of it, good riddance!

On a side note, how did they manage to move that beast when it was above water?!

I thought it was against the law to move artifacts of a historical nature...

Nope, the Texas Antiquity Code only addresses items from the 19th century and older or if an artifact has been designated as having special cultural significance by the Texas Historical Commission. In addition, these protections only apply to artifacts on public lands. Private property all bets are off and a lot of land in Lake Travis is still privately owned but flooded by the dam.

This was one of the issues I addressed with the LCRA when I was preparing my presentation on the Shaker Plant last November.

Can't wait for the first search trip!

Better find it soon, the silt is coming...

Let's schedule something up while I'm still around town.. I'll bring the reels.

James_R and I searched around some today after completing AOW dives with Janet. No luck, but we did find a huge catfish in one of the boat hulls and several other fish were sighted.

A large crane barge was onsite installing steps to a dock for a homeowner. They pulled it to deeper water.

Damn it, I had that thing on my GPS.:angrymob: Maybe someone could get in touch with the company that operated the crane. It sound like it's going to be in the creek bed.
Please post GPS coordinates if you find it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom