Missile Silo weekend !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have also dove a Titan missile silo in Washington state. We have a number of complexes here that used to protect the Hanford site.
Only one has been opened to divers, but it is currently closed due to liability problems. Silos are 180' deep, with around 120 ffw and 40' diameter. Water is 55F and very clear.

MD

scubajoe once bubbled...
Our shop has the Missile Silo in Abilene Tx. reserved for the weekend of Feb 22&23. Come on down! We will charge $75 for the weekend, which includes up to 4 airfills each day and park admission.

My LDS has talked about doing this dive before, but we never did because of the distance. Sounds like a lot of fun and I think I could round up about 5 divers willing to make the trip. Shoot me a PM with your LDS contact info and I will see if we can work something out to dive with ya'll.

I did the Missile Silo about two years ago. It was interesting and definitely a been there done that dive. It's a concrete hole in the ground with water in it. Let me rephrase that a concrete hole in the ground with 60 degree water in it. It's cold! It's an advanced dive. I would not take new people in it. It can be disorienating ( did I spell that right?) It's hard to tell exactly where you are at. The walls are curved and there is little or no reference points. Take care and bring the cold water gear.
We had a great time on the trip and I would organize another one in the future if people wanted to go. The history of the site is cool.

Back
Top Bottom