Missed deco stop, lock out?

If you miss a deco stop and surface, will your dive computer lock you out?

• I don't know

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 53 36.6%
  • No, if no, please list the brand, and model, if relevant, below

Votes: 85 58.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tracking nitrogen exposure and using that for future dive planning has value under any situation. For a skipped a deco stop, that behavior would be applied to any subsequent dive. There may be very large differences between a big deco dive vs. a light deco dive. The calculation of nitrogen exposure over time would still be the major determinate of risk for DCS

Garbage In, Garbage Out. For example if missing a deco stop results in larger bubbles and larger bubbles take longer to eliminate, then that results in slower off-gassing. Which has to be factored in, or all subsequent calculations are off and all your computed nitrogen exposure over time is garbage.

Reactions: BRT
So, besides SW and Garmin, which other computers do NOT lock you out?

So, besides SW and Garmin, which other computers do NOT lock you out?
OSTC which is the one I use ...

How about Scubapro, Sherwood, Aqualung, Ratio, Cosmiq? Looks like us SBers pretty much only use SW, Oceanic and SUUNTO.

I personally use a Scubapro 330 Bottom Timer.
It doesn't do anything, including lockouts :)

Cost me just over a hundred bucks and is still running after 12 years of vigorous abuse.
I'm happy with it.

I personally use a Scubapro 330 Bottom Timer.
It doesn't do anything, including lockouts :)

Cost me just over a hundred bucks and is still running after 12 years of vigorous abuse.
I'm happy with it.

:shakehead: It’s a bottom timer. Not a dive computer.

:shakehead: It’s a bottom timer. Not a dive computer.

Obviously :)
The point is, the problem posted is solved with a Bottom Timer.
That's the only reason I brought it up.

Happy diving :)

Pretty sure my Oceanic PPX will not lock me out if i miss a deco stop or a deep stop. However my Suunto vyper did

Pretty sure my Oceanic PPX will not lock me out if i miss a deco stop or a deep stop. However my Suunto vyper did
Your PPX will lock you out in violation gauge mode for 24 hours for a missed decompression stop, see pp 39-41 of your manual.

The deep stop and the safety stop are optional, there is no penalty for ignoring them, see pp 20-21 of your manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom