Mini Pony Bottle Pressure Gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes.

The fact that I didn't to begin with could actually be the reason why my first mini-gauge died. (shhh! don't tell the dive shop owner).

I was never told to do that originally.

If the purge button got bumped or for some other reason the second stage allowed some or all of that charge to bleed off would you know by glancing at your button spg?

Seeing as the mini-gauge measures pressure, as does any spg, I guess so ;o).

Not something I have really thought about in all honesty.

Do people actually check this during the dive though?

do people actually check this during the dive?
probably not... if they are using a button (mini) spg... they are just too hard to read at a glance...

But with an SPG on a 6" hose bent back and tied to the first stage body... it is very easy to see at a glance. And yes, this is something to check during the dive. For the same reasons you charge your regulator and then turn if off... you want it to stay charged.

But with an SPG on a 6" hose bent back and tied to the first stage body... it is very easy to see at a glance. And yes, this is something to check during the dive. For the same reasons you charge your regulator and then turn if off... you want it to stay charged.

Even if they are trailed out behind with the neck clip clipped to the left hip d-ring?

Would be simpler just to crack open the valve and then close it again anyway.

No... just being pedantic :bonk: (You look a bit DIR in your photo)

But, do you agree that just opening and shutting the valve will suffice (and may even be more efficient?).

SimonN once bubbled...
do you agree that just opening and shutting the valve will suffice (and may even be more efficient?).
Why go through the motions of turning a valve on and then off again unnecessarily when a glance would suffice.

And how would you know when to do it... or would you just keep cranking on it every minute or so just in case. :D

Perhaps there are other reasons for having a readable SPG that you haven't thought about.

But I need to get some sleep... so g'nite.

And how would you know when to do it... or would you just keep cranking on it every minute or so just in case.

So, how often do you look at your deco stage spg?

It does allow me to avoid taking uneccesary equipment though.

Perhaps there are other reasons for having a readable SPG that you haven't thought about.

Perhaps there are. I don't think this is one of them though.

DJHall
I borrowed a pony with one once, I wasn't impressed. I want higher visability, A larger SPG and I believe a 6" hose would be a better way to go. I read about becomming all scratched up, there's another good point! If you have one of those fifth bellows pockets use it for the magnifing glass.

Back
Top Bottom