Min-Max Carry On with Osprey Daylight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a pretty new scuba diver. I am heading to New Zealand to dive at Poor Knights and I was having a bit of a hard time finding a clear answer on if my whole Xdeep Zen deluxe would fit in a carryon to min max the weight distribution between my checked luggage and carryon. I am assuming nobody weighs my carryon despite there being a "weight limit", but might force you to spot check your size at one of those metal frame templates they have at the luggage lines. So, I figured I would post what I have found so far works (I think...I am traveling there in 2 weeks...so no experience yet). My whole Xdeep small size SS BPW with all the excessive weight pockets and cargo pockets fit right in to the big opening of the Osprey Daylite 40L carryon bag(with wheels and backpack straps for versatility).
I am hoping to fit my regulator with the reg bag and a bit of other things in the deadspace to maximize the "unchecked" weight of my gear. (My reg is being inspected right now so I have to wait until I get it back to try).

Let me know if folks have any better suggestions. I feel like I could not find any posts on here that had someone shove their whole BPW (non travel edition cuz it is SS) in a carryon and maybe there is a reason...

Attachments

• 20240902_095118.jpg
    20240902_095118.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240902_095205.jpg
    20240902_095205.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20240828_125916.jpg
    20240828_125916.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 13
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back